AOC U2868PQU 4K unusable flickering

Associate
OP
The research that I have done suggests that the signal from the card may be too weak and that causes the drop out. I have purchased a new DP cable that is of better quality and half the length of the included one this should reduce signal loss and therefore may fix the problem. It doesn't look good because despite AMD claiming it's not hardware it is because the issue still exists when no drivers of any kind are loaded. Still AMD could push a driver that fixes it in windows. In the meantime I am looking for a workaround and if I find one I will post it.

Associate
Hi, that is interesting as someone on the OC.net forum and myself have suggested the same " what if it is the HW issue " . How is the signal with the new DP cable ?

Associate
OP
Not got the new cable it was dispatched today. Also I tried to trick the monitor into giving me 60hz 4k by combining two inputs at 1920x2160 60hz in the picture by picture mode but it turns out it can't handle that and if it detects you doing that it disables the mode. If AMD don't have any fix for this and I have a feeling that they won't then soon word will spread and news articles will start coming out about this then they will be sorry!

Man of Honour
Seems to work at 1920x2160 PBP @ 60Hz for me? (not AMD GPU) though it seems to be using either a slightly smaller actual res or some other scaler thing as the image quality isn't the same as 3840x2160 from a single input.

Associate
I will try to uninstall the drivers, after that if the screen starts to flicker, it is a HW issue ( not my idea - 1 guys from the USA) tHen AMD is doomed / again/

Associate
i have the samsung 4K and when i plugged in a Mini DP to DP cable from OCUk i got terrible flickering especially when i enabled Xfire - i fixed it by using the Mini DP adapter to DP that came with my GPU and the Std DP cable that came with the monitor, i get no flickering now

I know its not an AOC from OP but it may work for this

Associate
OP
This has nothing to do with miniDP I didn't get one nor have any mini DP cable.
I am sending this monitor back to overclockers for sure now as it may be faulty itself but what I do know is that 60hz 4k is impossible. It's not a great monitor in other respects anyway.

Associate
I have had the same problem I think with a line going straight down the middle of my screen I've usually found turning it on and off tends to help the issue

Associate
This has nothing to do with miniDP I didn't get one nor have any mini DP cable.
I am sending this monitor back to overclockers for sure now as it may be faulty itself but what I do know is that 60hz 4k is impossible. It's not a great monitor in other respects anyway.

Sorry it didn't work out buddy, why not exchange for the samsung 4K it has some great review on here and I'm using one at the moment and it defo plays 4K at 60hz

Soldato
Sorry it didn't work out buddy, why not exchange for the samsung 4K it has some great review on here and I'm using one at the moment and it defo plays 4K at 60hz

Yes, I can vouch for the Samsung too; I'm very pleased with it. I wish it had a VESA mount, but if I want the thing higher I can put a book or something underneath it.

Associate
OP
I have heard about problems with the samsung so I will be avoiding 4K for a few years at least. I also didn't like the size of the monitor and the TN panel was surprisingly poor considering it's reviews. May buy a decent 1080 IPS instead but I will avoid overclockers due to the crazy RMA system!

Associate
I have heard about problems with the samsung so I will be avoiding 4K for a few years at least. I also didn't like the size of the monitor and the TN panel was surprisingly poor considering it's reviews. May buy a decent 1080 IPS instead but I will avoid overclockers due to the crazy RMA system!

Try a 1440p Monitor they run very well are massive improvement over 1080p and you can get them IPS and PLS i had an Asus one running on DP with no issue at all, plus you get 3 year warranty i think

Associate
OP
Try a 1440p Monitor they run very well are massive improvement over 1080p and you can get them IPS and PLS i had an Asus one running on DP with no issue at all, plus you get 3 year warranty i think

I had a X-Star Dp2710 1440p wish a hadn't sold it. If I buy another monitor it will be IPS or better although the panel on that X-Star had better viewing angles than the AOC 4K. I don't like the size of them much though a 24" 1440p monitor would be the best a good size and pixel density and I can use good old DVI-D no flickering rubbish with that can't see why they made displayport anyway it's just a little bit better DVI.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom