• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880 and GTX 870 to Launch This Q4

bru

bru

Soldato
Bear in mind that the 650ti is actually a GK 106 based part, whereas the original 650 is the fastest GK107 based part.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nvidia did have the full fat core ready and shipping around the same time (dates maybe of a little but not much), a fair time before they released it in gaming/consumer form, for use in the titan supercomputer. Guaranteed high margins from professional/scientific markets seems to be the consensus as to why nvidia can go so early for their big core.

No, they didn't. The full fat core GK110 wasn't launched until November 2012 and it wasn't shipped until December to the Oakridge supercomputer. That's 7/8 months after the release of the 680. The gaming version, i.e. the Titan was released end of February 2013.

And they weren't early for their big core, they were actually late. None of this really matters now I guess.

Caporegime
290X is not full fat!!!

The Contingency is ready ;)

As usual NDA stops me from saying very much. Yes I do have more info but I cant share it.

I had a feeling 290X was not full fat. Hope they've desgined a new reference cooler. Either that or it will have to be AIB only i imagine. Bring it on. :)

Soldato
A new cooler has got to be required if they plan on releasing anything that draws more power than the 290X lol. Unless their 'contingency' uses a more efficient architecture.

Caporegime
nothing as grand as this but I know about AMD's NDA.

As it stands Hawaii has grown 40% in cores and performance over Tahiti while only growing 13% in size.

Are there more cores? +15% would be 3240.

Don't answer that as you probably can't, I just find that prospect very surprising, I really didn't think it was possible to squeeze more into that die.

Last edited by a moderator:

bru

bru

Soldato
Not wanting to be a kill joy but shouldn't this info now be taken to a new thread, as this thread is suppose to be about the new Maxwell cards the 880/870 and them launching in Q4.

Back
Top Bottom