I'm down by 140 pounds.

Caporegime
Can that be done on NHS or not as technically it's cosmetic?

Depends on a lot of things.

If you keep the weight off for years, go to regular meetings with the NHS to be assessed and then with a bit of luck, they'll do it for you.

Otherwise, you need to cough up. Had mine done in Feb. Most expensive purchase I've made in one go, but my god it was worth it. Didn't realise just how much it bothered me until about this time last year.

Associate
Walking works a treat. I'm basically just doing what Feek did, but only been doing five miles a day or so (and not every day, just most days) and cut out most of the junk and I'm down from 272lbs to 255lbs in just under a month.

Soldato
Depends on a lot of things.

If you keep the weight off for years, go to regular meetings with the NHS to be assessed and then with a bit of luck, they'll do it for you.

Otherwise, you need to cough up. Had mine done in Feb. Most expensive purchase I've made in one go, but my god it was worth it. Didn't realise just how much it bothered me until about this time last year.

That makes me quite angry, anyone who has put the effort in to shed so much weight and is left with a significant amount of excess skin should be welcomed! I believe obesity is one of the most taxing things on the NHS and I'd hate for someone to be discouraged from losing weight because they are worried about having to somehow pay for a potential op at the end it.
Yet I can choose to start smoking, get ill and then expect to be looked after no questions asked.

Walking works a treat. I'm basically just doing what Feek did, but only been doing five miles a day or so (and not every day, just most days) and cut out most of the junk and I'm down from 272lbs to 255lbs in just under a month.

That's good to know, my route is 4m exactly but I do try to run some of it.

Associate
I've been running on/off since january, but find it hard to keep the motivation to do it regularly, I'll have to give this walking rubbish a go!

personally I was around 17st when it bothered me, lost down to 13st 3lbs, but that was mainly a combination of working 70+ hours a week for a while, whilst transitioning between two jobs, and much stress. 2 years later I'd got back up to around 18st, that was August, I think I'm around 15 again now. new target is 13-14 and muscular (after realising that I could probably never become 'thin').

anyway, thanks for posting your success, it will certainly serve as some strong encouragement!

Soldato
Many congratulations.

Following on from a thread in SC (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18600471), this seems great evidence that portion control and a bit of exercise can make a great difference to body weight.

I particularly like that you carefully charted your weight over the period, which syncs with other people that have had good results. Maybe monitoring progress is an important part of the approach too.

Tell more people about your successful method...

Associate
Well done buddy!! Same weight loss as me a few years back!! I had a Tummy Tuck back in 2011 so any questions if you are thinking about it point my way!

Back
Top Bottom