Is it worth reporting this to the boys in blue?

Soldato
It is somewhat annoying that the driver can use a technicality like this. The fact that they have painted double yellows on a junction (where it's illegal to park anyway) means parking must be an issue there, so the fact the jerk has effectively beaten the system by parking on the pavement instead just really grinds my gears lol.

Well, he hasn't beaten the system as parking on the pavement next to parallel yellows is every bit as against parking regulations as parking on the parallel yellows. Whether he gets caught or not is another matter however :(

The police can only get involved if the vehicle is causing an obstruction or parked dangerously to other road users. Whilst that's debatable here, I don't think they'd be too bothered IMO, and certainly can't just ticket a car because it's parked on the pavement or double yellows

However if the car were to be bounced into the middle of the road, and thus cause an obstruction then it would have to be "removed". Now wouldn't that be a shame? :p

Soldato
The police can only get involved if the vehicle is causing an obstruction or parked dangerously to other road users. Whilst that's debatable here, I don't think they'd be too bothered IMO, and certainly can't just ticket a car because it's parked on the pavement or double yellows

That is not quite right, it can be a Police matter when it causes an obstruction. A simplification is that if a vehicle is parked on a pavement where the pavement is next to a road with parking restrictions (yellow lines, signs whatever) then it falls to the council, if a vehicle is parked on a pavement next to a road with no parking restrictions it should fall to the Police.
Also, don''t forget, UK law says that the highway is the carriageway and any adjacent footpaths and that pedestrians are also considered road users.

Soldato
Whilst that's debatable here, I don't think they'd be too bothered IMO, and certainly can't just ticket a car because it's parked on the pavement or double yellows

Er....what?

OP, report it to the police via 101. This is what PCSO's were invented for. The driver will end up with a £30 FPN and will keep getting them every time he parks on the pavement causing unnecessary obstruction. If you call up right now, it will in all likelihood have a ticket on it by 10pm tonight.

The above is correct in the 3 counties around me, not sure if it changes with local policy, but can't see why it should?

Last edited:
Soldato
Dip a Mars bar in some nearby dog poop (just slightly), and then rub it around the inside of his door handle. When he goes to open it, he'll think it's all poop...

... but then on closer inspection he'll realise it looks more like chocolate. He'll get tentatively close, take a whiff, recoil an inch or two and go back in for a second. Smells sweet... caramel... CHOCOLATE! Some bugger's having a laugh! Then he'll taste it to convince himself.

Winrar.

Soldato
I don't see why they have felt the need to park on the pavement.

Those yellow lines are unenforceable in that condition so they could have just parked on the road.

Associate
Always amazes me that if you so much as touch a kerb in a driving test, it's usually an instant fail, yet selfish idiots like this stick their whole car on a pavement without any punishment.

Soldato
Leave him a note explaining that his alignment is gonna be well out now that he has driven up a curb. Parents and kids risked their lives to walk around his car, so Britain First are gonna come down on him too

1397852028-antimuslim-britain-first-and-edl-protest-in-london_4503165.jpg

Back
Top Bottom