WANTED: High end Socket 1155 MATX

Associate
Hi all,

I've checked the forum rules and I don't see anything suggesting that wanted threads are not allowed.

Due to growing children, I'm losing my study complete with tri-monitor AMD Eyefinity, Logitech G25 Racing Wheel, full tower system, mech KB and gaming mouse, etc. and instead I will be forced to use a combination of laptops and the HTPC in the lounge. :(

I need to transplant the guts of my tower (SB i5-2500k) into the HTPC but to do so, I'll need a m-ATX board. I'm running a mild overclock of 4.6Ghz but I want to get a decent board and it must have excellent fan control including the ability to stop fans completely. This is necessary so that I can switch from near-silent HTPC mode to flat-out overclocked video transcoding automatically. I believe Asus FAN Xpert II allows this?

There aren't many Z77 boards available and I don't think the ASRock mATX board for sale at OCUK will cut it. Ideally, I'd like an Asus Maximus V Gene but not only is that board no longer available new ANYWHERE, there are none on the bay either.

So if you have a Maximus V Gene or any other suggestions of a high-end board with the fan control described above, please let me know!

Associate
OP
This is for the MM not the general forum!

OK, sorry. Couldn't see anything in the rules and don't have access to the MM (nor am I likely to be able to create another 900 odd posts in the short term). :(

Perhaps instead you could suggest an alternative board that is on sale and meets the requirements above?

Soldato
The Asus V gene would be a good choice. I'm using one and find the fan control superb. You can set custom curves and manually specify the RPM, this includes stopping the fans altogether. The fan control software by asus is a nice addition, assuming your using PWM.

Back
Top Bottom