Getting an Xbox one if I own a PS4.

Caporegime
I've got a PS4 already but really like Microsoft's way of doing things on the software front.

I don't have either yet but I like the look of the Xbone system software over the PS4 and like the look of the Xbone controller over the DS4. So as Arthur Hucksake says, if the PS4 innards were inside the Xbone, it would be the perfect system. Except I'd miss the Sony Worldwide Studios stuff then.

Supplemental - In theory though, a lot of the Xbone stuff will be coming to PC and you can now use the Xbone controller on the PC so one doesn't really need that console as much as the PS4 for its exclusive titles.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm selling my PS4, its on the old gumtree as we speak. Don't care for any exclusives and the ones I do want come out late next year. I have a gaming PC which has Far Cry 4 etc coming to it so im not going to miss out on much.

Caporegime
I'm selling my PS4, its on the old gumtree as we speak. Don't care for any exclusives and the ones I do want come out late next year. I have a gaming PC which has Far Cry 4 etc coming to it so im not going to miss out on much.

I was like that in the early stages of PS3 - bought on launch, sold a few months later. Bought another one, sold a few months later. Although I did hang on to my 3rd one. Must be 5/6 years old now.

Soldato
I got both at launch, if I had to choose one then it would be the PS4 by a mile however I like to play the Xbox exclusives so more than happy to have it and don't regret the purchase.

If you're not that interested in the exclusives then there really isn't much point as so far most third party games are better on the PS4 and I can't see that changing.

Permabanned
Eh? Ps4 is well engineered yes. But I don't think kinect and the wavy system X1 has really adds anything much. If you want the innards of a Ps4 then erm get a Ps4 as its IMO the gamers choice.

In fact, X1 is now almost cheaper then a Ps4 isn't it without the kinect pack in?

Wii U is pretty good as mentioned as Mario Kart and 3D world and Donkey Kong are superb games actually. Sadly, Wii U only has its exclusives so seeing as he's not interested in exclusives - maybe not for him.

i still think the Ps4, with a smart TV is the best package going at the moment. If you've got a smart TV you pretty much get all an xbox can do (minus the kinect - I mean media wise), I can play a Ps4 game and snap out of the Ps4 and display the Ps4 screen in a small window and see whats on Sky using my smart TV remote if I so wish (sorta like a PIP). I don't do it very often, but its there. I can use plex on my smart Tv, I never use netflix or bbc iplayer on my Ps4, the smart tv takes care of all that for me.

i've never really 'got' the X1, but then seeing as I've got smart TVs in my house, I guess this is why... I've got a Wii U, my little girl uses that for motion gaming. Wii u has a great selection of Wii games, can't argue with the Wii u for backward compatibility.

Dead Rising 3
Forza
Fable
Crackdown
Sunset Overdrive
Ryse
Titanfall

Youre smart tv plays these? :confused:

Associate
Dead Rising 3
Forza
Fable
Crackdown
Sunset Overdrive
Ryse
Titanfall

That's just off the top of my head without any thought. Anyone who thinks the Xbox is just for Halo is delusional.

Halo made xbox

best console shooter out there
i reckon i've got more game time on halo Than you have on all your xbox games put together how can you call me delusional

Last edited:
Soldato
Dead Rising 3
Forza
Fable
Crackdown
Sunset Overdrive
Ryse
Titanfall

Youre smart tv plays these? :confused:

Guess you missed the part in my post where i said "media wise" . I see the media side of X1 of no real importance at all. Smart TV's etc will take care of this, I'm not saying X1 is doomed, but the TV features I feel make no sense at all, even more so in the UK.

I never did understand the whole X1 does TV, games and motion - it tried to be jack of all, becomes master of none at the moment..

Friend has an X1 with a smart TV, he has the kinect and he walks into the room grabs his TV remote and turns the TV on, says XBOX on, and then... maybe netflix - he wants to stream his movies he tries all sorts of tricks, such as casting from his tablet to his X1 etc..

I had him round my house, turned my TV on, fired up PLEX and it connected to my NAS and instant movies.. Sorry, but I do not see how what he was doing was any better then what I do, I honestly do not see the real appeal with X1 media, however games wise.. X1 makes sense. Glad they dropped the whole kinect from the package IMO. i'm waiting on Forza Horizon and a few more exclusives that I might want to play before I 'might' take the plunge with one..

Till then, I'm happy enough with the simple Smart TV and PS4 combo - works for me.

Soldato
Guess you missed the part in my post where i said "media wise" . I see the media side of X1 of no real importance at all. Smart TV's etc will take care of this, I'm not saying X1 is doomed, but the TV features I feel make no sense at all, even more so in the UK.

I never did understand the whole X1 does TV, games and motion - it tried to be jack of all, becomes master of none at the moment..

Friend has an X1 with a smart TV, he has the kinect and he walks into the room grabs his TV remote and turns the TV on, says XBOX on, and then... maybe netflix - he wants to stream his movies he tries all sorts of tricks, such as casting from his tablet to his X1 etc..

I had him round my house, turned my TV on, fired up PLEX and it connected to my NAS and instant movies.. Sorry, but I do not see how what he was doing was any better then what I do, I honestly do not see the real appeal with X1 media, however games wise.. X1 makes sense. Glad they dropped the whole kinect from the package IMO. i'm waiting on Forza Horizon and a few more exclusives that I might want to play before I 'might' take the plunge with one..

Till then, I'm happy enough with the simple Smart TV and PS4 combo - works for me.

Not everyone has a smart tv as new as yours though, I'm using a tv I bought in 2011 and it's got none of the features the x1 has

Soldato
Halo made xbox

i reckon i've got more game time on halo Than you have on all your xbox games put together how can you call me delusional

I don't think you're getting the point... Halo is a very good xbox game which really brought FPS games to the couch (console) gaming.

This does not mean there are not other fantastic games on the Xbox One.

(Also for what it's worth I probably have more time on various halo games than you... Do I win a cookie?)

Associate
I don't think you're getting the point... Halo is a very good xbox game which really brought FPS games to the couch (console) gaming.

This does not mean there are not other fantastic games on the Xbox One.

(Also for what it's worth I probably have more time on various halo games than you... Do I win a cookie?)

Lol no way you have more game time than me

Man of Honour
Halo made xbox

Yes, Halo did make Xbox - the original Xbox. There have been plenty of better games since then.

As for you having more time on Halo than I have on all my Xbox games...

1) I highly doubt that
2) Even if you have, it makes no difference to the validity of my statements
3) I've been playing games for over 30 years, so I've been playing games longer than you've been alive. Be careful who you try to pick arguments with.

Back
Top Bottom