• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Intel i7 4790K Owners thread***

Soldato
Boy its hot today so i thought I would see if the increase in ambient temps would crash.

IBT 10 passes, 90C - [email protected].
OCCT with Linpack -1 hour
Cinebench passes.

I don't run prime. Anyone else's room got really hot due to the weather today?

Caporegime
I managed to knock 10C off by messing about with EK mounting pressure, getting a flush contact is a real problem with naked core I guess.

Now @80C Small FFT 4.6ghz 1.3V much happier with that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you just give Prime95 Small FFT a quick run and tell me your temp? I'm getting 84C in IBT. What else have you got in your loop? I've tried adjusting pressure hasn't helped.

Which way is your waterblock orientated btw?

something defo wrong.
just run a small ffts and after 5 minutes 59c. lol

Soldato
been on 4.8ghz all day and lovin it :D
not sure i want to go to 4.9 lol even though temps are not a issue for 24/7 i think 4.8ghz is a great speed :D

now im going to bump my uncore up to 4.5-4.6 and see how that goes :)

Associate
not sure i want to go to 4.9 lol even though temps are not a issue for 24/7 i think 4.8ghz is a great speed :D

awesome :)

I am trying to decide should I go to overclockers tomorrow and get a i7 4790k to replace my i7 4770k :)

Associate

Claimed 59°C on Prime 95 small FFTs and you won't bump clockspeed. Nonsense lol.

Associate

Good luck with that.
I got a good 4770K (4.7 rock-solid, not tried higher yet) and my uncore max is 4.3GHz. BSOD with anything higher no matter what I tweak.

Soldato
5EDpa0X.png

under scorching ambient temps @4.8 @1.280v in bios and in windows reported as 1.296v Delid water cooling. i am going to check the board with a multimeter to see what the actual vcore is cause its weird that its set at one vcore in the bios and another in windows lol

it really is hot in my room unsure of the temps but im sweating like a donkey lol

Soldato
well just tested the voltages out with a multimeter ;)
wow my board is correct its windows that is **** at detecting voltage correctly.

i set 1.28v in bios and it shows in windows as 1.296v under load
though its only .10 of a vcore out
with the multi 1.280v in bios shows as 1.280v in multimeter under extreme load it jumps between 1.280v-1.290v but its that fast it kind of fluctuates.

ah well at least i know what i set in the bios is correct :) and i should just compensate when looking at the voltage in windows and knock off .10v ;)

Back
Top Bottom