First Project slow Progress!

Associate
So,

me and the Gf decided it was high time to replace my old pc as I had a buyer..

Safe to say we have had abit of a step up!

Old Spec:
Amd FX4 Series Black Edition.
Antec Cooler.
HD 6870 DD XFX Card.
128gb Onboard SSD
Gigabyte 990X Motherboard
8 GB Ram
Corsair 650Watt Power Supply
1TB Hard Drive.

New Spec:
I7 4820k @4.5Ghz
Asus Rampage VI Extreme with OC Key
Corsair H55 (Forgot the I7 came without a Cooler so ran to PC World to get one!)
16gb 1866 Corsair Ram.
128gb Kingston SSD 450/450
EVGA 1000Watt G PSU Full Modular
MSI 780Ti
2TB Hdd for storage.
2x Acer 24" Widescreen Monitors (Waiting on 3rd so I can use Surround.)

Pics will be up very soon!

Associate
OP
So, This arrived - Ordered from ** Do not mention competitors **as the GF ordered it while I was out.

Then she decided to open it while I was in work - Wasn't too impressed she got to see it all before me!

Then I just wanted to make sure that I got all the Modular cables I needed with the PSU or if I needed to pick some up!

We kind of skipped taking pics of the building stage as the front room was abit of a tip so next two pictures are cables tidied up and all components in case and stress tested!

Due to only having the Corsair H55 im not entirely happy with it, I do plan on getting a Custom loop made up as the CPU hits 48 degrees on load while the GPU hits 61 on Load.

They are good temps but still not low enough for what I want.

I cant complain so far, need to order one more monitor so I can enable Nvidia Surround however!

Associate
OP
Raven RV01B.

It's abit tedious to do, the cable management isn't perfect but so far I think it's a pretty nice case.

Im going to go at it with a Dremmel soon though, as Where the Cross Member support is above the PSU I plan to replace that with a 480 Rad!

Associate
OP
I'll get the GF to take some more pics if possible!

Thanks guys!

Looking at WC setup at the moment, looks like it's in the region of 500-600 she isn't going to be happy when she sees that!

Associate
OP
Yeah, I loved the look of it, so unfortunately it was an Impulse buy.
Thinking about it now I would have preferred to go down the Caselabs / Obsidian route..

As for the legs! She's currently sat playing on the Computer while im stuck in work so!

I noticed it, I just found it hilarious.

So far, not managed to give it a proper go - I plan to use Nvidia Surround on 5760x1080 tonight to see what it's like as tbf I cant get the 780ti to max anything but it is only on 1920x1080 at the moment!

Associate
OP
I was impressed tbh - I do plan to go with the EK Supremacy 2011 Block and EK 780ti block also, with 1/2 Tubing and fittings.

But this will be my first endeavour into WC Custom loops so I need to do research on that first tbh!

Associate
OP
Definitely! I was pricing it up and it's about 550-600 for the lot!

Then need to mod the desk etc.

Going to order my 3rd monitor also - I plan to make a desk as at the moment the Glass desk we are using cant fit 3 monitors!

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to force Nvidia Surround too work?
I have 2x Acer 24" Monitors (Same model and ordered at same time.)
I then have a 23" Cinema HD Display (All set to same Resolution)

I'm guessing it wont work due to the Signal Polarity - Does anyone know a way around this?

Associate
Superb setup mate, I'm really liking this build. Can't wait to see photo's when you get your 3rd monitor, this is going to be epic. Wish I had the space for 3 monitors, I think I'm going to have to have a major sort out and re-shuffle to see if I can fit them in :)

Associate
OP
So,
As I have 2 serious hobbies - 1 being Computers the others is actually Cars.

The GF calls them "2 massive expenses but loves them none the less."
I thought I would actually share what my other hobby is! asi I decided to clean her this weekend!

Associate
OP
Turns out, Im going to have to build a desk to house all 3 monitors and the Pc so that it is off the ground.

I've made a quick mock up of what I want from a desk kinda of thing (The PC Chamber to the right will be cooled with 5/6 Fans (In a closed area for intake and exhaust.)

What I need to know is, has anyone had any experience building something like this? GF wants it out of sight and I need to make sure that it is capable of flowing enough air as to not cause any issues!

Associate
OP
Yeah it's just a concept idea really, It is too enclosed I agree - I plan to create more room to either side as I haven't decided 100% as to where the PC Enclosure will be.

Back
Top Bottom