Israel/Palestine Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Isn't it?

What benefit does it have to you being bitter and hate filled?

I would say that live the best life you can while causing the least trouble to others is a pretty bleeding good creed to live by.

"Hate this entire group of people because of their colour, their culture, my ignorance" however is simply the mark of an utter [redacted].

I don't think there are many benefits to being bitter and hate filled. That of course if nothing to do with my post.

I would agree with your 2nd sentence.

And your 3rd is merely an opinion. Hate who you want. I believe that even the most left wing whimperer can agree with freedom of opinion.

Soldato
Jews have been really important to mankind and to be blunt, the Palestinians haven't.
I've just spent ages trying to find something interesting the Palestinians have done and I've got nothing :/

lol wut ?

you sound like your about 100 years in the past. maybe a plantation owner with a gang of slaves you are keen to keep. telling people ''its ok , these black people i own never did anything important''

apg

apg

Associate
lol wut ?

you sound like your about 100 years in the past. maybe a plantation owner with a gang of slaves you are keen to keep. telling people ''its ok , these black people i own never did anything important''

As a matter of interest (and just randomly dropping into this conversation) how many nobel prizes have been won by palestinians? Are there any great palestinian inventions? Have the palastinian peoples ever done anything of note? Or are they just purely combative folks who seem to hate jews? (all just questions...)

Permabanned
As a matter of interest (and just randomly dropping into this conversation) how many nobel prizes have been won by palestinians? Are there any great palestinian inventions? Have the palastinian peoples ever done anything of note? Or are they just purely combative folks who seem to hate jews? (all just questions...)

I don't even know if this is a serious post or not. Directly Yasser Arafat was a Nobel Laureate. Khaled Mardam-Bey invented IRC, Salem Hanna Khamis was a renowned Statistician and Scientist who formulated the basis of the International Dollar, Hashem El-Serag, the leading authority on HCC cancer to name but a few.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinians

Last edited:
Soldato

The video is seems one sided it does give a background of events leading up to the conflicts, what happened to the native people after the Zionist declared independence. It also trys to portrait the Arabs, Muslims as one huge country and give the picture that it was ok to give away Palestine. The main flaw is does not challenge one fundamental point which a lot of people seem to ignore...

UN Charter is considered a “law-making treaty”, the United Nations itself is not an international legislature that can make laws or pass legislations. The United Nations had no business offering the nation of one people to the people of many nations. Its General Assembly had neither the legal nor the legislative powers to impose such a resolution or to convey title of a territory; Articles 10, 11 and 14 of the UN Charter bestows the right on the General Assembly merely to recommend resolutions.

Only realistic way this conflict will be solved if the U.N fixes the mess they created, send in peace keeps/sanctions go back to the boarders they created, give the right for the refugees to return.

Last edited:
Suspended
They all have a historical connection...but the value of such is pretty meaningless, the average European Jew in Israel since 1948 however has a more tenuous connection to the land itself that the Arab families that have been there for generations.

No one had to do anything with them all...just stop kicking them out is all. In fact the majority of Jewish Immigrants into Israel since 1948 have been voluntary, they haven't been kicked out of anywhere. Supplanting one population with another is hardly a solution.

The majority now may be voluntary but a significant number in the late 40's and early 50's were expelled from Arab countries after having their property expropriated. In fact, I think more Jews were expelled than Arabs who left on their own volition or through reasons of the 1948 war when the Arab nations attacked Israel.

I believe the majority of Jews in Israel now are of Middle East heritage.

Permabanned
The majority now may be voluntary but a significant number in the late 40's and early 50's were expelled from Arab countries after having their property expropriated. In fact, I think more Jews were expelled than Arabs who left on their own volition or through reasons of the 1948 war when the Arab nations attacked Israel.

The majority of immigrants into Israel have been of European Origin, over 20% alone from Russia for example. No one said that some had not been expelled from their countries, although this is not as common as you imply as even among the Arab nations many, if not most entered Israel voluntarily..some even left to return back after a number of years..Iranian or Persian Jews are illustrative of this. However, I stand by the statement that the majority of immigrant Jews entered Israel voluntarily.

I believe the majority of Jews in Israel now are of Middle East heritage.

That is not what the official Israeli Demographics state. 47.5% of the Jewish population are Ashkenazi ethnicity, this means they are of European not of Middle Eastern Descent. According to Israeli Statistics the majority of the 70% of Israeli born Jews are either second or third generation, and the remaining 30% are current immigrants.

In 1948 the population of what would become Israel was 68% Arab and 32% Jewish.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
No one said that some had not been expelled from their countries, although this is not as common as you imply as even among the Arab nations many, if not most entered Israel voluntarily..

They may have left of the own accord but that isn't really telling the entire story. Just take Algeria for example, yes Jews left of their own accord, but that was after they were made "non citizens" after Algerian independence as Algeria decided that to be a citizen you had to have a Muslim father and Grandfather.

Bad feeling against Israel was effectively played out against the Jewish population of the Arab nations. In many cases they left because it was no longer tenable to stay rather than they wanted to leave.

Permabanned
They may have left of the own accord but that isn't really telling the entire story. Just take Algeria for example, yes Jews left of their own accord, but that was after they were made "non citizens" after Algerian independence as Algeria decided that to be a citizen you had to have a Muslim father and Grandfather.

Bad feeling against Israel was effectively played out against the Jewish population of the Arab nations. In many cases they left because it was no longer tenable to stay rather than they wanted to leave.

Again, no one said otherwise..however it remains that the majority came from nations from which they were neither expelled nor made untenable to stay. As for Arab countries it is interesting to note that a number of Jewish emigrees have since returned to their original nation.

Last edited:

Sho

Sho

Soldato

Lolwut

Associate
When food, clean water, housing due enforced to shortage of building material and being bombed and killed in your sleep on a regular basis is a problem, it's even easier to contribute to the world in science, maths ect!!

Shame on the Palestinains! They have such an advantage over Israel and don't use it!! I mean, it's totally in their power to make another Jewish Golden Age again!

But yes, let's all talk about anything other than actual people being killed. I personally enjoy watching football. Nah, actually, someone got a spare deckchair? Fireworks always make me feel better!

** No hotlinking images **

Last edited:
Suspended
The majority of immigrants into Israel have been of European Origin, over 20% alone from Russia for example. No one said that some had not been expelled from their countries, although this is not as common as you imply as even among the Arab nations many, if not most entered Israel voluntarily..some even left to return back after a number of years..Iranian or Persian Jews are illustrative of this. However, I stand by the statement that the majority of immigrant Jews entered Israel voluntarily.

That is not what the official Israeli Demographics state. 47.5% of the Jewish population are Ashkenazi ethnicity, this means they are of European not of Middle Eastern Descent. According to Israeli Statistics the majority of the 70% of Israeli born Jews are either second or third generation, and the remaining 30% are current immigrants.

In 1948 the population of what would become Israel was 68% Arab and 32% Jewish.

Just so we are clear, 47.5% to me means a minority. So, your statistic backs up my statement. Secondly, as pointed out above, if Jews were divested of their property and citizenship and that was the reason for leaving, I would not call it voluntary. Thirdly, I in the video posted at the top of this page (which I posted a couple of days ago on the other thread) you will note that through the work done by the Jews-Zionist or not-the land was vastly more productive which then allowed for an sizeable immigration of Arabs to come over to settle in the area and work the land as labourers.

Associate
Just so we are clear, 47.5% to me means a minority. So, your statistic backs up my statement. Secondly, as pointed out above, if Jews were divested of their property and citizenship and that was the reason for leaving, I would not call it voluntary. Thirdly, I in the video posted at the top of this page (which I posted a couple of days ago on the other thread) you will note that through the work done by the Jews-Zionist or not-the land was vastly more productive which then allowed for an sizeable immigration of Arabs to come over to settle in the area and work the land as labourers.

But the bombing of Gaza is still fun to watch, right??

Permabanned
Just so we are clear, 47.5% to me means a minority

Only if the other 52.5% are of Middle Eastern descent, around 20% come from North Africa and South America, so those of Middle Eastern decent, such as those from Iran and other Middle Eastern countries represent another minority.

So the 47.5% represents a majority.

So, your statistic backs up my statement.

Therefore, as illustrated above, it doesn't.

Secondly, as pointed out above, if Jews were divested of their property and citizenship and that was the reason for leaving, I would not call it voluntary. Thirdly, I in the video posted at the top of this page (which I posted a couple of days ago on the other thread) you will note that through the work done by the Jews-Zionist or not-the land was vastly more productive which then allowed for an sizeable immigration of Arabs to come over to settle in the area and work the land as labourers.

Again, in Europe this was simply not the case, in some Arab nations this happened, but again the Arab immigrants represent a minority and places such as Algeria as mentioned, the minority is very small, around 3% including Tunisians.

When you have money and financial support it is easy to invest, develop and be more productive, it is not a reason or justification to divest a population of their land and citizenship or create a client ethnic group...wouldn't you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom