8pack Supernova - build log!

Associate
I've been asking for an acrylic build for a while now and hopefully all of the requests in this thread will help with that decision. :)

Yeah, if someone wants to upgrade to the next gen cards/CPU etc we'll pick up the PC and sort out the installation and overclocking of all the upgrades free of charge.

I know that I have asked ScottiB to use acrylic for my build. I have changed my mind about a few things causing delays but can't wait to see how it will turn out if you do start using the acrylic tubing.

Does the free labour cost for upgrading parts only happen with 8pack systems or all custom watercooled systems?

Sgarrista
Commissario
I know that I have asked ScottiB to use acrylic for my build. I have changed my mind about a few things causing delays but can't wait to see how it will turn out if you do start using the acrylic tubing.

Does the free labour cost for upgrading parts only happen with 8pack systems or all custom watercooled systems?

Good call, for you :) Acrylic looks so much better, im glad I went balls deep and did it as my first build.

Associate
OP

Yours isn't the one in a caselabs case is it?!

Just the 8pack range - it's the best of the best and we want to help it stay that way!

Thats incredible! How long after buying the PC does that last for?

A good few years I should imagine. Until the customer wants a whole new set up.

Good call, for you :) Acrylic looks so much better, im glad I went balls deep and did it as my first build.

It can look amazing. Much harder to build though, and then there's shipping the system afterwards if when OcUK jumps on the bandwagon.

Associate
OP
Long awaited update time!

Starting to tube up the bottom sectioin
YpRUxNd.jpg

More straight lines
BJpnZ9Z.jpg

Installing the rad to make sure there's plenty of clearance
0hMxoUl.jpg

There wasn't. Had to swap out the first bit of tubing
StoDPWq.jpg

and the 90 degree rotaries just about fit
GX72G77.jpg

pump lines up nicely with yet another straight line
lwOu0Lg.jpg

hard to read places…
Z67j4jO.jpg

...made easier to reach
rrVuBqI.jpg

No matter hoe easy this was to reach, it was a right pain in the arse to fit
2MVEPCg.jpg

That's the bottom section finished.. and here's a quick teaser of what the next update will include…

Nn6ahAm.jpg

Associate
Man, this puts mine to shame :( should have just bitten the bullet and gone for a ready made system - and my hands wouldn't have been torn to shreds trying to do up stupid compression fittings :D

Associate
OP
That will be the one, if I knew about all future upgrades being FoC (fitting) I would have probably gone for a 8pack system!

I have wanted to build that system for so long now!

Man, this puts mine to shame :( should have just bitten the bullet and gone for a ready made system - and my hands wouldn't have been torn to shreds trying to do up stupid compression fittings :D

My hands haven't been the same since I started building PCs full time. Scratches everywhere.

Associate
OP
Have you got all the bits already for it? :)

I didn't know the build was finalised?! :confused:

Is there an update coming soon?

Yes, apologies. I've been off work for the past week or so but I'm back now to get this finished off! Also have 4 more Infinity systems to build, and one to repair - and this is after another 4 were shipped while I was off! :eek:

Hope so, perhaps 8 Pack is busy doing his thing.

Saw the big guy today, should be getting this thing clocked this week!

Since I have a build with same CPU, I really want to see this OC'd I have mine at 4.6ghz atm, but I am not exactly experienced at overclocking.

Don't forget it's not all about the CPU. The memory is also pushed which can reduce the CPU speeds, as can 3 power hungry graphics cards.

This thing is superb, I can't wait to see the fully complete system. This thing is going to be a Monster.

It's not completed yet, we've only just received the final cables that have been custom sleeved for the build, but here's an update of everything filled up!

Well.. after one litre of Mayhems Oil Black coolant
GX84FGx.jpg

And with the res filled
x5LiCV8.jpg

Awesome contrast with the black fluid and red fittings
FEh3fhO.jpg

We couldn't get hold of enough red fittings for the top section of the loop, they're like gold dust.
qTnamcY.jpg
But the black on black still looks pretty epic, though the photo doesn't do it justice.

And filling up the graphics loop:
4H4b0lE.jpg

Gravity helped fill/bleed this loop out
bRU9Bc0.jpg

And here's the money shot you've all been waiting for….

it's nearly here…

are you ready?!

drum roll please…

here it comes!!!

watch

Sorry guys, couldn't resist! :p

Here you go:
JctUjYB.jpg
Awesome right? :D

And trying to sort out the slight curve in the tubing:
stwABrh.jpg

Stay tuned for some cable management!

Last edited:
Associate
Very nice! That loop is screaming out loud for acrylic! Really hope they allow you to go that route soon.

Can you do me a favor and get a pic of you arm wrestling the big guy? Preferably one where you win :D

Back
Top Bottom