Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Soldato
I love superhero stuff, I can suspend disbelief about beings with powers and humans with advanced technology.

But from the "teaser" and what looks to be a armoured suit for batman, I guess we can expect him to have a fight with superman. What annoys me is we're supposed to believe a man in a suit can fall from insane heights or get punched from a standstill to stupid speeds and not have his organs just tear inside of his body and die.

Of course you could say "well superman is probably holding his punches" but for some reason he'll stick get his butt kicked, probably.

I'm supposed to just ignore it and just turn my brain of and have fun but I like my fiction to still have bounds in reality next to fictitious beings.

Have you read Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns? He does a fantastic job of making a believable battle between braun against brain.

Soldato
I'm glad the latest reveal isn't more sadness.

x3d8qg.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not saying this movie is going to suck, I mean, Afleck can't exactly be worse than Clooney, but it's kinda annoying that it is basically just an intro movie for the Justice League movie at least most of the marvel films stand up on their own as good films, personally, I don't think this will

Caporegime
I'm not saying this movie is going to suck, I mean, Afleck can't exactly be worse than Clooney, but it's kinda annoying that it is basically just an intro movie for the Justice League movie at least most of the marvel films stand up on their own as good films, personally, I don't think this will

Kilmer and Clooney were both pants, so as much as Ben's butt-chin annoys me, I'll give him a chance.

Also, I would love for Gal to tie me up with her lasso of truth, oh yes!

Associate
Yes I stopped reading comics ages 7

But my point is .... Its a mismatch

Remember how no-one batted an eyelid when the very human Tony Stark took on 2 gods in Avengers and didn't end up a bloody smear?

Now imagine that the incredibly smart billionaire Bruce Wayne, owner of one of the world's premier technology companies, could work out much the same thing. Easy.

Soldato
Could be worse... They could've given it to Paul W.S Anderson :p

I had the misfortune to watch one of his films (Alien vs Predator) I thought it had been directed by Jar Jar Binks, it was that bad :rolleyes:

Zak Synder on the other hand I think is not bad, I enjoyed 300 & Watchmen is in my Collection. I liked MOS too & think this film will be in the same vein. :)

Soldato
Zack Snyder is a hack and he'll **** this up more than the last one.

He may be a hack but he did make Watchmen which is the best comic adaption made to date so i'm happy to give him a chance.

He couldn't really mess up Man Of Steel any worse than we'd already had, we've yet to see a good Superman movie by anyone.

Associate
Zack Snyder certainly knows how to make a move look great in terms of visuals, framing and colour palette however more often than not struggles in the story telling department which is really where it counts.

The Batman v Superman source material is great and if he keeps closely to what has already been created in the graphic novels then this could be a seriously awesome movie.

Darkseid for the big bad in the Justice League movie!

Back
Top Bottom