What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
My new manifold arrived today.

20140731_194358.jpg

So I started mocking up on my spare engine :)

20140731_210135.jpg

Soldato
Got it serviced and had some "issues" with the mechanic doing it.

They said the LH xenon bulb was blown and that they had replaced it, only the broken bulb they gave me wasn't the same one I had fitted only a few days before (wrong part no) and the bulb they fitted was a Chinese 8000k (purple) one and mine are OEM Philips 4300k (yellow).

To top if off they didn't actually tell me before doing the job because, if they had, I could have told them that I had 2 spare xenon bulbs in the boot!

Man of Honour
More of the same... more disassembling. Trying to get at the oil cooler as that's sprung a leak since the rebuild. Also more cooling system getting removed.

Yum Tasty intermix.

Pipes cleaned and rads flushed, currently taking over my office but this is fine still haven't decorated it :) new rads will be going on but for testing purposes these will be going back on the car for a few more flushes.

Need to get the RHS inlet manifold off and then I have the access required. All the bolts are off which is good but don't have the access. Need to remove LHS inlet as well I think. Will decide tomorrow.

Considering a few mods as I put it back together, air box mod, bigger throttle body off of a 3.6 or 3.8, am considering IMS guardian as I have a new IMS. Either way a good while until she is back on the road.

Required parts list is getting silly!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well I'm getting a rattle on start-up and turning off. Lasts a second or two. Not sure if it's the DMF on the way out or a mount. :D

Found out mine has a DMF when I had the clutch replaced. Epic size flywheel. I am told though that they rarely if ever go wrong on my car.

Man of Honour
Bin that crap and get a light single, meant to be a sports car.

Porsche Dual Mass - £748.42
Lightened balanced single mass - £945

Not sure if it would make a 1k improvement to the car that is the problem.

Edit: mind you I am so far in I suppose another 1k isn't really all that much given what I have put into the thing so far.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I know Porsches aren't cheap cars to run, but you seem to have been spectacularly unlucky with that car.

Your not wrong but i'm not willing to give up on it, I bought it as a 15k project so knew it was going to need some work, just never anticipated this much. Now that the engine is fixed and I have two heads that are in perfect condition, new ims, rms etc it should just be a case of bringing the rest of the car up to standard. Probably another 4k or a bit more to put into it before it is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom