What have you done to your car today?

GT3

GT3

Soldato
14635641367_f12a03955c_c.jpg

Bringing down the area as usual by breaking my car and filling the street with my various ****boxes. Planning on getting rid of all 4 soon and buying a modern presentable car but probably won't :p

Associate
Cleaned the Throttle body/MAF and stripped the EGR piping (some of it).

V50 Volvo 2.0D - using the PSA engine same as found in the Focus and Mazda 3 iirc

Some Gunk on the end of the brush after putting it into the intake manifold

Particles from the EGR system getting into the intake.

EGR Coal in my EGR valve :(

After cleaning car seems better now, we shall see if this resolves my turbo pressure issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked it up from the garage.
2 stripped belts, 1 knackered crank pulley, 1 knackered CAS, Timing belt jumped 3 teeth. (2 is usually ok but 3 really depends on which 3)

Now all sorted and running as it should, lucky in avoiding bent valves would be an understatement! so treated it to an oil and coolant change.

Pretty sure a turbo is cooked as well though as its not picking up as quick as it should. replacements are on the way!

Permabanned
Today I decided driving on the Tarmac just wasn't enough fun.

Reminds me of a picture I saw on Reddit a couple of years ago. Some guy had parked his car in a similar position and took a picture of himself lying in the road in front of it with his chin in his hands beaming happily at the camera. Top rated comment was "whatcha thinking about?" and the first reply was "oh, I dunno, insurance stuff I guess". A play on this image. Still at least it wasn't the Jaaaag and everyone walked away.

Soldato
Reminds me of a picture I saw on Reddit a couple of years ago. Some guy had parked his car in a similar position and took a picture of himself lying in the road in front of it with his chin in his hands beaming happily at the camera. Top rated comment was "whatcha thinking about?" and the first reply was "oh, I dunno, insurance stuff I guess". A play on this image. Still at least it wasn't the Jaaaag and everyone walked away.

I know that guy. We were all ****ing ourselves laughing when it went viral.

Soldato
serviced yesterday, and surprisingly a clean bill of health from my OCD mechanic.(only thing he could find was drivers side main beam was a bit high) and managed to tick it over 170k on the way back from the airport this morning :) 48k miles in 5 months, must try harder for the rest of the year

Permabanned
I know that guy. We were all ****ing ourselves laughing when it went viral.

You don't happen to have a copy still do you? I've been trying to locate that picture for ages, it must be a couple of years now. For whatever reason though, I remember it being Australian. A ute, or some sort of Holden.

And while typing this up I found it... holy crap.

LhOmX.jpg

Originally posted to imgur with the title "I gave that ditch a car...ditches LOVE cars." Seems the "insurance stuff" post and user deleted from Reddit though. Eighth result for "MONARO ditch crash reddit".

Soldato

haha that's amazing :D Tbh one of the reasons I have a cheap car like the MR2 for hooning/track days is in case something like this happens. Once we got out and had a look we just had a laugh about it, whereas if it was a 911 or something I'd be crying. I very rarely drive the Jag quickly around corners, although even if I did the huge Pirellis and electronic assists would probably save me.

Soldato
Them feels, dropped one of my recently refurbed advans face down on the driveway today and knackered the rim up :( I was trying to determine whether my reverse lights failing had something to do with the loom in the arch being eaten, apparently it is not though.

Soldato
So my Dad bought a new car last week, mostly as a runabout for doing whatever as he has 2 other 'nice' cars.

£800 got him a 2003 Passat with 194k miles. So today it had a very overdue service and an even more overdue cambelt!

20140806_114705.jpg

So it's had:
- Oil change (flushed twice with 50/50 oil/diesel)
- All new filters
- EGR Cleaned out
- Timing belt, water pump & aux belts
- New radiator as old one was leaking
- Intercooler and boost hoses all flushed out
- Fresh coolant

I think that is all.. came to just under £200 in parts including a set of rear pads which are getting close. So for less than a grand in total it's actually a very nice car. The interior is very good, bodywork is good for the miles too. Drives nicely too, doesn't feel at all tired.

Taking it to work tomorrow for an aircon regas, as that's the only thing that doesn't work.

Associate
Finally boxed off new head unit installation after getting the niggles with DVD player and sat nav SD card sorted and re-fitted dash fascia with a bit of colour added to try and co-ordinate things a bit better.

IMG_2226a.jpg

Yet another use of my stock of satin black vinyl - only done rough so far and ideal I can peel it off if I don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom