Oxford parking

Soldato
I'm leaving for Oxford in an hour and have been told to park in Gloucester Green - Gloucester Street car park but Parkopedia is saying it's closed today. Can't find any other information either. Don't suppose anyone knows if it is for some reason? And where else I can park?

Everywhere seems miles away/mega expensive/limited to 2 hours.

Soldato
No idea why/if it is actually closed. The nearest alternative is on the corner of Worcester Street and Park End Street, it can be difficult to get a space though.

Soldato
OP
I've just booked a private parking space via JustPark (was also listed on Parkopedia) for £9 for the day. Little bit further out, and we've got to walk with loads of kit, but cheaper than and closer than all the £30+/day ones!

Wish me luck!

Man of Honour
Oxford is such a wretched city. It's borderline cruel to anyone attempting to visiting it.

If you are forced to stay a whole day in the centre, then westgate is probably your best bet *shudder*.

Man of Honour
FYI Russinating if you are travelling today, I think that the route from Swindon to Oxford is closed, so you will have to get there via M4 then A34. Also, there is major roadworks towards the top of Abingdon Road that will probably affect your journey.

I hope that helps!

Soldato
Oxford is such a wretched city. It's borderline cruel to anyone attempting to visiting it.

If you are forced to stay a whole day in the centre, then westgate is probably your best bet *shudder*.

What? Oxford is a beatutiful city with amazing architecture.

nq7g42.jpg

I'm guessing you're from Swindon ;)

Man of Honour
What? Oxford is a beatutiful city with amazing architecture.

I'm guessing you're from Swindon ;)

No - I'm from Oxford.

Yes there is pretty architechture, but it's a crap place to live unless you are central (e.g. off cowley road or jehricho), and even then I expect it's OK. Hopefully the westgate renewal will sort things out shopping wise.

I'll conceed, I have only lived in one other city in a relatively central area.

Back
Top Bottom