Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Have you used the masonry bits yet?
Don't bother, they're utter gash.. Been trying to get them replaced after 3 snapped for ages :(

Not yet, the weather has stopped me so far. Got the week off work so hopefully the weather will be ok long enough for me to get things sorted. I don't have much to do with the masonry bits, hope they hold out long enough...

Thanks for the heads up :).

Soldato
my first gopro :)

IMG_1512_zps171f44c3.jpg

Man of Honour
Lume upgrade for my watch, now matches the one on the left but is double the brightness (can't tell on camera :p). Only took nearly 6 months :eek:

lume_after-vs_Halios.jpg

Here's what it looked like stock. Very green, very average and wouldn't last very long either.
lume_before.jpg

Soldato
Exactly.

Spend the money on a truly decent watch and retain solid 2nd hand value, rather than pickup all these cheap things :p

A proper watch will last many years and can even be sold, handed down or just kept for yourself.

Man of Honour
Why would I sell something I like and want to keep for as long as possible? I could buy an Omega or Rolex but where's the fun in that? Every other bloke has one!

I love your photos mrk but I'll never understand the watch obsession, seems so expensive for just something like the time. :p

Because it's something that won't fade into history and be mostly forgotten years down the line like say a smartphone which also tells the time. I only have 2 anyway and to me they're nice and unique yet not expensive so that is all I care about :p

Others will have different preferences of course.

Man of Honour
[]http://i.imgur.com/J0rE2GX.jpg?1[/img]

Got a 64GB SD card coming and one of the book cases, £40 for the cover/case :(

For a moment I thought that was the Note 4...

mrk, Now the questions are :-

1 - was it worth the time, effort, hassle and money
2 - is it noticeable and significant improvement
3 - has he damaged it in any way, scratches or is it still sealed as before

And, would you do it again knowing what you know now?

1 - ~6 months is a long time to wait. The only real effort has been once the watch came back into the UK. Our HMRC service is slow and tedious and seemingly employs people who cannot read either. What's new :p

Was it worth the cost? It's made the watch better, more legible and more personal so with that in mind I think so. I wanted blue lume and set aside up to £200 and it cost less than that.

2 - The lume is actually usable now and looks nicer than green so yes, it's a marked improvement.

3 - A watchmaker that damages watches wouldn't be a watchmaker for very long! He's long established and came recommended on reddit. To me that's a pretty good track record. There was no charge for pressure testing either (it passed, naturally :p).

If the next watch I buy comes with below average lume then yes I may do it again, maybe opt for a mix of 3 colours instead of 2 though. That's many years away though. Many things can happen between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom