*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Soldato
As to battery life, it was mostly music streaming and browsing reddit/forums. I don't tend to watch videos or play games. Screen brightness was set to auto!

Soldato
As to battery life, it was mostly music streaming and browsing reddit/forums. I don't tend to watch videos or play games. Screen brightness was set to auto!

Nice one, although I do tend to watch a lot of videos and stream music, so it gives me a good idea what to expect.

Thank you

Mobster
Soldato
OP
I think that sort of issue is much more prominent with the Gunmetal variant and I went through at least 4 handsets before giving up.

I've got the glacial silver variant though :mad:

How are you finding the phone so far? Do you reckon you'll use it as your daily driver?

I do quite like it.

It's a bit slippery due to the aluminium. The lack of an edge like on the original One adds to this.

It's pretty quick though! I haven't experienced any lag as of yet.

Reception is really good. Much better than my Nexus 5 and the Moto X I had before.

Will I use it as my daily driver? Hmmm, tough one. I'm gonna give it a chance but there's something about the Nexus 5 that just keeps me wanting to use it.

What I'll do therefore is to run the Nexus 5 and One M8 side-by-side for a week or two.

Soldato
I've got the glacial silver variant though :mad:

I do quite like it.

It's a bit slippery due to the aluminium. The lack of an edge like on the original One adds to this.

It's pretty quick though! I haven't experienced any lag as of yet.

Reception is really good. Much better than my Nexus 5 and the Moto X I had before.

Will I use it as my daily driver? Hmmm, tough one. I'm gonna give it a chance but there's something about the Nexus 5 that just keeps me wanting to use it.

What I'll do therefore is to run the Nexus 5 and One M8 side-by-side for a week or two.

What's your daily driver BTW, stoosh, or anyone else?

The HTC M8's easily the quickest out of all the next gen phones available at the moment and just behind the N5 and OPO.

I bought the Glacial Silver too, but it's going back because I got a replacement for the loose volume rocker but the replacement phone has massive light bleed that runs along the top of the screen and it's really annoying.

So my love affair with the M8 is over, it's a great phone but my luck with HTC phones have been pretty dire of late - I won't be trying again haha :o

I know what you mean about the N5, I've had literally every flagship phone there is bar the S5 and G3 and they don't compare next to the N5, somehow the N5 keeps drawing me to it - so I use that as a daily driver although the battery life is diabolical even with Franco Kernel - and why I keep trying other phones but I always come back to the N5 and that's saying something! :)

Soldato
Yes Mate, got it in one...haha

Still that might all change when the next batch of phones come out from September onwards ;)

So what are you left with? Including the N5 and M8, have you still got the Z2, G3...have I left out anything else?

Soldato
I actually was an iPhone fan for a loooooong time ;)

I'd like to have it just to play around with - to add a bit of balance perhaps :p

Noooo way! Well you made the right move switching over to Android however I guess you'd never be able to buy so many phones considering Apple release phones on a yearly cycle.

You're right though nothing wrong with having a bit of balance.

Associate
Gents,

I've had the one M8 a few weeks and it has developed a rather annoying problem. I bought the phone from expansys and have a sim-only plan from three.

My phone keeps dropping it's mobile data connection. It still shows as connected but no internet functions (mail, whatsapp, browser etc.) will work until I airplane and unairplane mode it. Any suggestions? :(

Thanks

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a case for me? I've used the case that comes with the m8 and also a cheap flip case that I bought before getting the phone to make sure I had a case, but I don't really like the flip case, it's annoying me, so I don't think I'd like the dotview. I think I'd want to get a hard shell case that doesn't have too much of a texture like the htcs bundled case as it sticks to my pocket :p

Back
Top Bottom