what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
Still got my DT 990 Pros (250 Ohms). Had em about 18 months so far and love them.

Only had one minor issue where the wire was detatching a little from the headphone but I've pushed it all the way back in and the used super glue to glue the outside of the wire along side the rubber which connects the headphone to the wire so it's rock solid and doesn't come out any more. A bit ghetto but there's no residue so you can't tell and it saved me a few bob from getting it re-wired.

maj

maj

Soldato
Wish I had the money for such a collection like some of you. Saying that I think I have three of the best bang for buck cans out there (or at least my wallet hopes!)

5AAtIeq.jpg

AKQ Q701s
Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro 250 Ohms
Creative Aurvana Live

Just have no decent amp to power them to their true potential yet.

Never considered a mug tree for a stand before. Always thought they were meant to stretch the can rather than just somewhere to hang them from.

Permabanned
So wait, how much did this all cost you?

I wanna get a HA-1 amp, PM-2 phones, and since I have stereo's I'd need to include a power amp on top of all of that.

Goodbye money.

£1700 just on the amp and phones! I have taken an oath to myself to sell everything i own and do not need and save for them phones and the version of the BD 105 (same as HA-1) but i am going to go phones first and wait for Oppo 106 with 4K bluray and HDMI 2.0 like a smart boy. :)

Is anyone going to be able to test the PM2? I would be expecting seriously good things especially when paired with Oppo's own amp or Blu-Ray player. I thought i was going to be saving for HD800 but people are claiming the above combo is earth shattering especially for movies.

Last edited:
Associate
HD800, and DT770 250ohm which I will never part with, the best closed headphone I've heard in the 100-200 quid range imo

have them plugged into my Fostex HP-A8C amp/dac
7jsFxnT.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a set of soundmagic HP200's on the way, only problem is I was going to use my soundblaster z to drive them but it has an output impedance of 22 which might be a bit high for them...

Soldato
that's higher than the input impedance of the headphones which is 20ohms :D

I can't find any information on whether they are sensitive to a low, or ultra low in this case, damping factor. If they are then you'd need something like an O2. Best bet is to suck it and see, if the bass sounds clean, punchy and detailed you don't have to worry.

Soldato
yeah, at least one review of the HP200's recommends <2ohms to get the best from them

I've ordered a DIY amp kit that seems to have some good reviews and I can play about with different resistors (and op amps if it comes to it) to see what I can come up with

Edit; if you meant the Objective2, then yes that is basically what i've ordered

Last edited:

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Dug my antique akg K240's out to investigate the loss of one channel more thoroughly. Unfortunately I found the cause is the capsule, which is open circuit. :( No idea how either as they never saw any abuse, so can't imagine the coil got fried. These are rather rare early K240 sextett's too. I'm hoping i can still get hold of a new capsule (or two if necessary to match) as they were still available back in 2012.

Permabanned
There are a lot of very capable amps for a lot less than £780 though

It's a good pairing from my experience.

For me price has no bearing on purchases. If cheaper is needed, then the little dot mk6 is a good amp, but not balanced like the mk8.

I'll admit I'm an Little Dot fan.

Soldato
A bit off topic here but for anyone looking for a decent mic to attach, the modmic 4.0 is on massdrop for $37 plus delivery, i paid $62 for mine not long ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom