Moto X+1... let the hype-beasting begin!

Soldato
OP
Hmm, I hope that's a pre-production model.

At the high level it seems ok - solid specs, contoured back, largely Moto X aesthetics, FF stereo speakers... big battery :D

But...
- Silver trim looks vomz
- The rear camera and logo look hideous... almost like a bad photoshop?!
- Bezel seems a tad larger than the X
- Top mounted headphone jack... ffffuuuuuu :p

Hopefully the leak floodgates open now. I want to see MOAR.

Soldato
If the leaks are real then this phone will defo be a viable alternative to the Nexus device especially if Moto continue with their near stock experience and timely updates.

As much as I think the N5 is a great phone, it's badly let down by a mediocre and unpredictable battery and it's the only reason that I'm looking elsewhere for another phone otherwise I would've stuck with the N5.

The Moto X+1 might be the answer to my phone demands.

Soldato
If the leaks are real then this phone will defo be a viable alternative to the Nexus device especially if Moto continue with their near stock experience and timely updates.

As much as I think the N5 is a great phone, it's badly let down by a mediocre and unpredictable battery and it's the only reason that I'm looking elsewhere for another phone otherwise I would've stuck with the N5.

Till something new comes out :p. I think the battery life and viewing angles are the only issues with the Nexus 5, the camera is hugely improved with software updates and there is already a decent gain from Android L for battery life (I get 4hours screen time easy now).

Soldato

Till something new comes out :p. I think the battery life and viewing angles are the only issues with the Nexus 5, the camera is hugely improved with software updates and there is already a decent gain from Android L for battery life (I get 4hours screen time easy now).

the rumor is this will be the phone that the next nexus is based on

Soldato

That's good to hear that Android L improves battery life, I can barely reach 4 hours screen time even with Franco kernel and Gravity box. The camera is excellent and I really don't mind the viewing angles. I suppose I can live with the battery life and carry a portable battery charger with me but it's a pain in the backside to do so.

The phone itself is excellent and there's nothing that touches it in terms of speed and snappiness.

the rumor is this will be the phone that the next nexus is based on

I really do hope so, but I think 5.2" is about the limit I can go to, having used the Xperia Z2, OPO and HTC One M8, they were a stretch and quite hard for one handed use.

The proposed the 5.9" is too much for me, but not for you Mate as you've got big hands! :p lol

Soldato
^ It's just the front panel. :p

Too big for me, fingers crossed the Moto G2 is a medium sized 4.7" version that doesn't skimp on parts.

Associate
Waiting for the launch on September 4th. I hope it has a memory card slot then it's a done deal, and hopefully it doesn't just release in the US initially.

Associate
Photos have leaked!

Stereo speakers - woot!

Looks similar size to current Moto X :cool:

I could be interested after all. In truth I was always interested in the new X but really would not be too keen if it turned out to be a lot larger than the current model.

Can't really fall out with the current Moto X. Mine is the standard UK spec with only 16gb. I'd have preferred 32gb really but not an option. It's the only downside of what has been (still is) a really good phone for me. See what the specs are like when released - but don't really need a new phone :D Android L, more memory and MotoMaker UK might swing it for me ;)

Roll on September..

Back
Top Bottom