**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's still higher spec than the Note 3 though.

Nobody can confirm anything from the above spec as specs don't mean squat in the face of optimisation, battery consumption, battery capacity (not mentioned above either).

Associate
Doesn't really seem like much of an improvement over the Note 3 except for the Snapdragon 805?

I can't think of much they could improve spec wise, faster processor, more ram, higher resolution screen, and improved camera

Improvements in those 4 areas are pretty much standard fare when a new flagship is released.

In terms of spec I can't even think what would be left to improve on?

The issue though with samsung phones isn't spec, it's software and the design (which is subjective).

They really need to sort out touchwiz in my opinion.

Look at apple, the spec is always much lower than android flagships yet runs much smoother. If software isn't optimised then the specs mean nothing. I guarantee the note 4 will still have micro stutters and lag here and there. My 2 year old ipad is smoother than my galaxy tab s and the spec is much lower.

I appreciate Samsung want to differentiate themselves from the competition with features, but I reckon if they totally scrapped touchwiz (not likely I know) it certainly wouldn't have a negative affect on their sales. I personally wish Google would enforce a policy of any manufacturer using android having to use a vanilla android. It would help fragmentation, and certainly speed up updates. But again that's not likely as that will pretty much kill the point of their nexus devices.

Samsung really seem to try and go for the jack of all trades, master of none. For me most of their features are novelties that I don't use. They also need to stop spamming the market with all these handsets.

It's starting to put me off now. Maybe they need to be taken down a peg and really sink the way Nokia did from market leader to pretty much nothing, that would hopefully bring some nice change.

Last edited:
Soldato
looks highly dissapointing so far - been waiting all year for this!!

No 64-bit CPU
No Flexi-display (or even at least a curved display on the edge for notifications like samsung showed off last year)

I can understand no Android L, but 4.4.3??? - your kidding me right? - What about the open SSL security flaw that was fixed in 4.4.4?

:mad:

Looks like I'll be sticking with my ageing S4 till next year

Soldato
Like others here have said. A bump in resolution (overkill much?) and in the GPU is hardly going to make people flock to it is it?

Why not? Most people will be coming from a 2 year old phone and it will be a worthwhile upgrade. Hardly anyone will be upset because it's not 64bit.

By the time the Note 5 is here, 64bit will probably only just be gaining traction in apps and other SW.

Soldato
The 20nm die shrink Exynos looks great in the GA and the binned version (5433?) should be cooking in the Note 4. :D:cool: (the Galaxy Tab S range should benefit from the latest drivers too)

...Unless Samsung have earmarked the GN4 as a 64bit launch platform? Na. Anyway it should be epic with a 20nm Exynos and OIS.

Soldato
No idea, does Exynos limit the amount number ROMs due to popularity or security? (Thinking about getting the Alpha but hate the bloat/touchiz)

Back
Top Bottom