How to make this work....

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Hi all,

We are moving in to a house in3 weeks but the telephone connections are all over the place.

The main point is in a bedroom and looks like the previous owners did diy and added telephone points down to the lounge (sky/freeview) or whatever and then to the attic (multiroom) ?

What would be the most efficient way to get the internet fully to the main three rooms? As i think the main hub would need to be in one of the bedrooms and i was then planning on using TP link powerline plugs but the circuit isn't on the same loop :(

Ta

Soldato
I'm assuming you need wired for some reason? Just run ethernet cables, tidy them away under carpets and with cable clips where you can. I'd put your modem/router in the bedroom with the master socket, telephone extensions generally aren't good quality so the connection will be worse running it from either of those.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
OP
Hadn't planned on doing the whole Ethernet cable idea, was hoping to either use powerline or extend the wireless somehow.

Will have BT infinity with their home hub jobbie.

Last edited:
Soldato
It'd make much more sense to leave this until you move in.

It's nice to get as much as you can organised ahead of time, but how can you know what you'll need until the router is installed and you've checked the coverage? You might not need to buy any additional kit.

Back
Top Bottom