***Utopia***

Soldato
The great thing is you're not sure who to root for, as the "bad guys" actually have a understandable goal however due to Carvel's interference we don't know exactly how it'll turn out!

My main issue with their goal is that most projections show population levelling out at about 10-15 billion, and i think it's perfectly viable that we would be able to support the food, water and energy requirements of those people with technology (and investment) advancements.

But yes, this show is definitely something different. Interesting decision aspect ratio wise. I do feel that sometimes it overuses shock tactics and they sort of lose their effect though.

Soldato
I thought the second series was weak. It ended well though.

I'm looking forward to the US version. They'll have a lot more scope to flesh out plot and characters, which should result in something equally as engaging. Plus it's HBO, so it won't pull any punches.

As for people saying this show has a "British" quality - no, no it hasn't. Not at all. If anything it's more "American" than most British shows.

The sound track remains utterly amazing on this show though.

Soldato
I preferred the first season but the second is not bad. Not keen on the overly bright colours/contrast.

The hallucination scenes are pretty damn freaky :eek:

Soldato
I thought the second series was weak. It ended well though.

I'm looking forward to the US version. They'll have a lot more scope to flesh out plot and characters, which should result in something equally as engaging. Plus it's HBO, so it won't pull any punches.

As for people saying this show has a "British" quality - no, no it hasn't. Not at all. If anything it's more "American" than most British shows.

The sound track remains utterly amazing on this show though.

Personally I'm willing to wager that the US version will be complete ****.

Caporegime
I think it's good news tbh. Would rather they ended it at a point the writers were comfortable with rather than eke out an extra series that may not be as good. How many TV series have been somewhat spoiled by that? Red Dwarf and Twin Peaks spring to mind.

Back
Top Bottom