Another PC in a Desk! (Obsolete)

Soldato
Update at bottom of this post ( 12/07/2017)

Here's some pics of my new build that I have done. First time wood project too.

Finished the desk a while ago but ended up decorating the front room as a way to appease the mrs;)

After a thread on here on what MB/CPU to go for (see here) hung back and went for the Sabertooth mk1 + 4790k :D

I did do a lot more pics but seem to have lost the SD card in the midst of decorating, So only have a few phone pics. :o

Design + look . I am constrained to a certain size so a conventional desk wont fit :(

PC-desk-wired_1.png

** Second image deleted as it's wider than 1280 pixels and spoiler tags are not permitted within this section ** - DirtyJester

This is what I was aiming for...

PC-desk-all_1.png

Here's a few on me doing some holes for the res/RAD and what not.

IMAG0248_1.jpg

IMAG0246_1.jpg

The tricky bit as I didn't want a steel MB tray as the base. The holes were drilled under size then a bit of wood glue, then the stand-offs was knocked in.

IMAG0249_1.jpg

Some I have of the build. Used my old 5870 and a old small Intel WS board to see what it will roughly look like

IMAG0240_1.jpg

IMAG0242_1.jpg

IMAG0245_1.jpg

Bit more work and a few more packets of haribo's ;)

IMAG0255_1.jpg

After the leak test over night and all the wiring done, it was time for the final fill.

IMAG0257_1.jpg

Much to the annoyance to the Mrs I put it in the kitchen and left it running valley benchmark.

IMAG0258_1.jpg

Right! After some decorating, shelving + a new wall mount arm carpet, it was time to install it! mmm haven't got one of the steel wall frame I made :(

IMAG0263_1.jpg

Better look at the inside

IMAG0265_1.jpg

Down side is, Its itching for a second 290 in there :confused:

IMAG0272_1.jpg

One of the front, Did decide to put power switch and what not on the side rather than the middle. also move the DVD drive up to top slot

IMAG0273_1.jpg

All in all, quite happy how it turned out. Not a patch on most of the projects on here. :eek:

But am pleased with it. Made a few mistakes on the build, PSU be in a better place but hey, that's life

Full specs.

CPU: R7 1700x
MB: Gigabyte GA-AX370 K7
GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 ref
MEM: 16gb DDR4 HyperX 16Gb
SSD's: 1 vertex 4 512gb + 1 850 eco 512Gb + 1 Tb 850 evo + 128Gb nvme(OS drive)

WC bit. Basically added to the H30 ek kit I already had see here

EK-WB

2x 360 RADS
2x 140 Res
EK D5 PWM
1080 GPU block
Supremacy CPU block

Couple of Koolance QD3's added.

6x bitfenix spectre pro 120mm fans (Rad)
1 230 mmm spectre pro for the bottom (the red one :rolleyes:)
Bitfenix MB/GPU Gold/black cables

Asus 27" 1440p IPS Monitor

Am sure there's something I've forgot to list.

What you all think?

Pete.

Update: 27/03/2017

Some new pics + Updated specs

IMAG0594.jpg

One of the 1080 with block

IMAG0518%20(1).jpg

Update: 12/07/2017

EK mono block added

IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0635.jpg

IMAG0636.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
really like it! quite different from the other desk builds we usually see.

there's just the colour scheme that I'm not too sure about. looks great but it seems a bit "off" against the colour of the wall. can't quite put my finger on it

nonetheless, well done!

Soldato
What do you use for those renders, is it easy to use?

I have the skills of a monkey who was dropped on its head at birth when it comes to this stuff, I tried Sketchup briefly and flopped :(

Associate
Perfect use of space, fantastic job Pete!

Just one tip for you that helped me BIG time,
Cover the bottom fan with some tights, after using tights i get almost 0% dust inside the desk & because its on the bottom it wont look crap :)

The overpriced fan filters you can buy pre-made tend cut the airflow to much for my liking :(

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the comments guys!

What do you use for those renders, is it easy to use?

I have the skills of a monkey who was dropped on its head at birth when it comes to this stuff, I tried Sketchup briefly and flopped :(

I used Varicad ( clicky ) ,it is for structual/steel work but works well. 30 day free trail if you download it. Easy to pick up too. works in windows and Linux.

I already had it for steel work I do. Autodesk is just too damn expensive for me.

Perfect use of space, fantastic job Pete!

Just one tip for you that helped me BIG time,
Cover the bottom fan with some tights, after using tights i get almost 0% dust inside the desk & because its on the bottom it wont look crap :)

The overpriced fan filters you can buy pre-made tend cut the airflow to much for my liking :(

I've discovered that about the filters have one all ready. It does work well in catching dust though. Epic build of yours BTW deblow. It was seeing builds like that inspired me to have a bash at doing one.

Here's a few more picks of the wall mount and of the KB tray lifted.
You can just see the filter in this pic Deblow.

IMAG0280_1.jpg

and one of the KB tray lifted

IMAG0282_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom