How many passwords do you have for work?

Soldato
Logging on to my IT today, I started thinking about how many passwords I have to remember just to do my day job...

I have:

Head office:
Encryption
Log on
Phone
VPN
Document passwords x2

Client 1:
Encryption
Log on
Phone
VPN
Custom App
Document passwords x2

Client 2:
Log on x2
Custom App
Phone
VPN

For a total of 19 separate passwords (+ company card pin), I'll use about 14-15 of them in a given week.
Does anyone have more to remember for work?

Soldato
**** that! I get the mist of rage when password resets are out of sync with each other so I end up trying a ton of combinations before being succesful, and that's with about 5 passwords. :mad::p

Soldato
About 300 customers with a selection of different passwords so remembering which is for which becomes the task.

In office I have about half a dozen different usernames/passwords for different portals etc to login to.

Does get fun at password change time when you cannot use a previous one and it has to have this or that in it.

Associate
An ever increasing amount that is stored in an encrypted database, it isn't secure if you can remember them all (well it wouldn't be for me). So I just remember 1 good one that gets changed periodically.

Soldato
Out of curiosity, how many of you with loads of passwords create them using algorithms?

Every password is created using an algorithm :p

Sometimes done manually with very simple steps though:
1- Think of a word that you will remember but nobody will ever guess, something like "password" is an ingenious idea!
2- Add "123" to the end of it to make it hyper-secure!

Soldato
Exactly 274 shared by the team.

Then 24 work related but personal.

One of the first things I did when I moved here was get all our passwords out of a "password protected word file" and into KeePass.

Back
Top Bottom