Forget 34UM95, here's 34UC97! (CURVED 34")

Associate
Beautiful! At last, things are getting interesting again in monitors, so tired of all the 1920x1080 stuff we've been lumbered with for so long.

I think we all tend to be perfectionists on enthusiast sites like this: there's always something better on the horizon and yes, 8K, 120, 144hz, OLED, G-Sync, N-Sync, Free-sync & Kitchen Sync would be better - but I reckon this thing would calm the 'upgrade beast (visual edition)' for a few years. Well, months anyway. :D

Caporegime
Lovely!!

I'll be holding out for OLED though. Only 700 days to go. :D

Yup OLED is absolutely stunning and without a doubt what I would want the most out of freesync, 4k, curved etc. Going just by good quality photos, LG's OLED TV's look absolutely jaw dropping.

jq1cmxoh.jpg

WaLgy31h.jpg
Unfortunately they seem to have A LOT of problems though, burn in, dead pixels (starts of with just a couple but after a few days, more show up), uniformity issues, lines down the screens, motion issues and a whole load of other things so it will probably be at least another 2 years until we get cost affordable OLED TVs that don't have as many issues and even longer for OLED monitors (monitor tech. moves so slowly). Tbh not even sure now if OLED for monitors would be a wise thing considering how easy burn in could happen...

I just wish monitor manufacturers would concentrate on more important things rather than curved displays, 4k res. (for anything less than 34") and put the money towards 120+HZ IPS monitors.

Permabanned
I like but the IPS film i despise. They basically ruined this with AG coating even if there is cross hatching i will take that over the grain and general dullness. Apart from that this is probably the best thing i have saw for a pilot in battlefield or arma.

Now imagine 3 and spinning around in your chair :o

Caporegime
The AG-coating on these LG monitors is fantastic, the best I have seen tbh (got a dell u2311h and dell 2209wa), very light coating yet still superb for reducing glare and "light spots". With my 29um65 and I'm sure the 34" version too, the image isn't dull at all, in fact if anything, it is too bright! Have my brightness set to 13% and the image looks like it almost floats of the display.

Soldato
The AG-coating on these LG monitors is fantastic, the best I have seen tbh (got a dell u2311h and dell 2209wa), very light coating yet still superb for reducing glare and "light spots". With my 29um65 and I'm sure the 34" version too, the image isn't dull at all, in fact if anything, it is too bright! Have my brightness set to 13% and the image looks like it almost floats of the display.

Agreed with this. The Ultrawide monitors use a smooth surface that is even less grainy than some so-called 'semi glossy' ones. Furthermore the colour gamut of these reduces the apparent vibrancy hit further.

Soldato
Those curved monitors just look wrong to me. they give me the urge to place them on a heavy duty table and bang them with a hammer until they're nice and straight again.

Soldato
Curved monitors for ultrawide are better and much preferred.

Sitting close to a flat 34" 21:9 and the ends look distorted perspective. The same monitor curved tends to elevate the perspective distortion, and makes things appear as they should.

This is due to the curved nature of our eyes, and the closeness of the monitor.

Associate
Looks very nice but I found the UM95 felt too restricted vertically after using 30" 16:10 for so many years. There's two occasions where 21:9 would be ideal; driving games and watching films. Since I don't play driving games and have a proper TV for films, the 21:9 aspect just didn't feel right and too 'letterboxy'. I occasionally watch TV series on the PC but of course this content is 16:9 so you would get vertical bars on 21:9

Waiting on 30"+ 16:9 4K monitors here.

Associate
Got admit that looks a stunning looking screen, would even consider giving up my Dual Dell 24" 2408s for that screen, looking forward to hear more about it.

Back
Top Bottom