Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
When mine is done it will be faster than a focus and handle better.

Also im doing it the smart way and improving the base platform before I do the big power mods.

I have already done the gearbox and diff and the brakes.

Associate
Thought I would chuck up a post with my motors past and present.

I started driving when I hit 18 with a classic Mini 1.3i, this trusty little motor kept me going for just under a year when I sold it and purchased a Mk2 MR2 GT.

The car had galactic mileage on it and the cylinder head cracked after a couple of weeks.

It had a new head put on and a rebuild to get it going again after a year I sold it but was already hooked on Jap cars!

The next steed was a trusty Mkiv Supra SZ, car ran like clockwork fitted an RSR exhaust and 17" Turbo wheels. Finally sold it 7 months later as it was lacking grunt

I then got a Supra RZ 6 speed. This was BPU'd to around 380bhp the car started off looking like this

I then got a set of Racing Heart CR's for it (was very hard to find a new set in the correct offsets)

I really wish I had stopped there but made the fatal mistake of going too far! I spotted a Border Racing kit on google whilst looking for other stuff and fell in love with its crazy looks. After a bit of phoning around I got the kit imported from Japan. As far as I know it was the only one in the UK.

After a lot of nights working on the drive I was left with this:

A few months later I fell out of love with the car and was trying to decide on what to do. I had the funds to either go single turbo, sell and buy something a bit more exotic or an FD (something I have always wanted to own).

After a few chats with the old man I started looking at TVR Tuscans (he has a Griffith 500 so a bit biased lol)

Had a chap look at a few on my behalf and a few months later I was the proud owner of this bute.

This is the longest car I have ever owned at 4 years! 3 years into ownership the engine had the blue smoke of death so after a nice £7k rebuild it had to go (I was told) she made 389bhp on the rollers and weighing only 1060kg was easily the fasted car I have ever owned.

This was sold to fund a bigger house as my wife and I wish to start a family.

In preperation for said family we decided to get a more practical car. I didn't want to go to a boring shopping car just yet so we decided on an MG ZS180 which has the 2.5 V6 from a freelander and pretty much the suspension set up from a Civic Type R. Its pretty quick for its size and handles quite well.

Then after a bit of saving and a helping hand from my wife we picked this up last month.

She's a 1997 RX7 FD Type R. It came into the UK in 2002 and has had 3 owners over here. The engine has just been rebuilt and I have just run it in :) The body work was resprayed earlier in the year and looks really good.

Only mods are some Tein lowering springs and a cat back exhaust....which I removed and fitted a HKS Carbon Ti that I got imported from the states.

Plans are to change the wheels for a set of Works Emotions as soon as possible. Press new bushes into the spare set of suspension arms I have, respray them and get them fitted.

Then it will be onto reliablity mods like better cooling and fuel delivery before swapping the ECU and increasing the power.

I will no doubt keep you guys updated :)

Associate
That poor Supra, at least you recognise your mistake! :)

Love the Rx7, would love to own one, i'm not afraid of cracking out the spanners but a turbo'd wankel still sends shivers down my spine!

I think the main problem was being young and stupid lol.

The RX will be staying original body work wise, may treat it to an OEM spoiler or maybe a small duck tail.

Soldato
wish id never got rid of my RX :(

DSC00372.jpg

Associate
All 3 of those are daily cars? Why would you use the POS Colt?

The Merc is what me and missus use the most, but she takes it to work and I take the colt to work. When I'm not at work like evening and weekends the 350z comes out to play.

I have had the colt for ages, and will be planning on later to make it a fun track car if the plan goes through, With the colt there are a lot of engines from mitsu you can just drop in :D

The Merc will be going shortly to make way for the new c class amg hopefully, will post pics if that goes through :D

Back
Top Bottom