what's the most reliable Mobo

Soldato
OP
Asus Maximus VII Hero Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

this one looks interesting or there's a similar one about 30 quid cheaper

Man of Honour
For Haswell/DC you don't need a expensive motherboard for overclocking. A £80 one will overclock just the same as a £200 one unless using extreme voltages and LN2. The cpu will run out of headroom a long time before you run out of bios options. The Asus Z97-A is a good balance between features and price.

Associate
I honestly think Gigabyte have more "bugs" with their bio's and other features than Asus, but they have far far far better support (RMA) than Asus.

Soldato
Nearly every motherboard from any manufacturer these days will be perfectly stable and reliable unless you're doing something unusual with it (extreme overclocking, etc). The differences these days are in after sales service, accessories, features, etc.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I honestly think Gigabyte have more "bugs" with their bio's and other features than Asus, but they have far far far better support (RMA) than Asus.

Yes my experiences would match this. Although there is no denying the gigabyte boards perform very well, they do constantly have bios , boot and driver compatibility issues compared to other brands.

Asus just do the job, smooth and usually a good solid experience.

Though MSI, have really upped there game since 1155' solid all round experience. For me at least.

,, mal ,, what an earth do you do to these boards man ? Lmao

I would recommend the asus ranger, the force oc is the board of choice but seeing how you broke it :) go safe and for the asus.

Last edited:
Associate
I like my EVGA Z87 Classy.
Of course after bios 1.07 was released.
Before it was a bugfest, but now it's a great motherboard, awesome design. great for overclocking and benching (mmm, those 4 x PCI 3.0 x16 slots).

Soldato
OP
Yes my experiences would match this. Although there is no denying the gigabyte boards perform very well, they do constantly have bios , boot and driver compatibility issues compared to other brands.

Asus just do the job, smooth and usually a good solid experience.

Though MSI, have really upped there game since 1155' solid all round experience. For me at least.

,, mal ,, what an earth do you do to these boards man ? Lmao

I would recommend the asus ranger, the force oc is the board of choice but seeing how you broke it :) go safe and for the asus.

it's ok now, i'm going to attempt a manual OCing this week:D

Back
Top Bottom