What good TV did you watch last night ?

Soldato
What good TV did you watch last night ? With iPlayer and lots being now available onDemand, share a good watch for others to enjoy!

Last night I watch on iPlayer 'When Britain Ruled the skies' 2 series, about the history of the British invention the Jet Engine, and how it was the world leader in aviation, until the ill fated Comets started falling out of the sky, allowing Boeing to take over. It was a very good watch and highly recommended.

iPlayer BBC Four. Catch it while you can.

Man of Honour
Its on DvD, so doesn't really count I suppose, but I am currently watching through Twin Peaks. I watched it originally back in the very early 90s, but the missus hasn't seen it at all and has utterly fallen in love with it.

I really wish Lynch and Frost would go back to Twin Peaks and revive the franchise, it was revolutionary TV in its day. But sadly I doubt it will ever happen.

Soldato
Its on DvD, so doesn't really count I suppose, but I am currently watching through Twin Peaks. I watched it originally back in the very early 90s, but the missus hasn't seen it at all and has utterly fallen in love with it.

I really wish Lynch and Frost would go back to Twin Peaks and revive the franchise, it was revolutionary TV in its day. But sadly I doubt it will ever happen.

SyFy are re-showing this now so it can count :)

Man of Honour
SyFy are re-showing this now so it can count :)

Ah !! ...well in that case, perfect.

If anyone watches it, I highly recommend getting stoned whilst watching it. Its just one of those shows which works very well whilst under the influence. Like Hannibal and Lost :D

Caporegime
I watched the first episode of Our World War, which was pretty good. The first episode of a trilogy about King Alfred and the Anglo Saxons. All about fighting the vikings and stuff, which was also good and a couple episodes of Michael Portillos continental railway journeys.

Where's my woolly jumper, pipe and flagon of real ale?

Man of Honour
Just one program, Air Crash Investigation on Nat Geo HD about a mid-air collision between a Saudi Arabian Airlines Boeing 747 and a Kazakhstan Airlines Kazakhstan Airlines Ilyushin Il-76 near New Delhi. Been watching a few of these programs recently.

Associate
Dispatches - Nigeria's hidden war on channel 4.
This isn't really reported in the news, war crimes going on. Brutal stuff.
Worthy watch on 4OD.

Man of Honour
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-28858289

Horizon - Should I Eat Meat? How to Feed The Planet

Apparently we should be eating about half the meat we currently do for sustainability reasons (about 100 grams).

Thats easily solved, an increase in marriage...as any man will tell you that once married 50% of the worlds population eats about half the meat they used to do

/drumriff

Soldato
Been rapidly watching Suits, finished Season 2 tonight, as I am on call this weekend it will be a mixture of work, revision, and hopefully getting my way through Season 3 :)

Love it

Back
Top Bottom