** ESET - Simply The Best! **

Permabanned
How would you know, that is the biggest BS peeps say all the time.

Do you think all virus pop up on screen or close down PC, they want to be hidden and infect all others you connect to.

Anyhow this is not the place for this discussion and its been had a 100x and all the same lame excuses each time.

Good to see OCUK have this in stock, if its cheaper here than I get my renewal for I will buy it here.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OP
I'm surprised you guys managed to get to become a reseller. I contacted them months ago and they never bothered getting back to us about it. To be honest, on the PCs we support we find ESET to be awful, it blocks so many legitimate applications in a business background.
So awful that you thought you'd try to contact them to become a reseller? :eek: way to blow a hole in your own point!

As for "blocking", this is exactly why I use ESET in the first place, it allows you complete control.

Soldato
So awful that you thought you'd try to contact them to become a reseller? :eek: way to blow a hole in your own point!

As for "blocking", this is exactly why I use ESET in the first place, it allows you complete control.

Nope, we contacted them months ago to become a reseller and then shortly after they released definitions that caused a lot of our users that used ESET loads of issues. These definitions really broke older VB6 and even new .NET programs as it blocked access from .mdb and other file extensions. I'm actually rather relieved that their reseller department didn't come back to me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
It's ok, but their licence models don't work in business environments (ie they don't really have any!).

Used most products through the years and generally went towards Sophos/AVG (several years ago) until more recently Kaspersky AV6 and EP on my current network (65 PC's over multiple sites).

I've personally not bothered with anything more than MSE on W7 and W8 the last couple of years on my 'main' (gaming) system, but my server (important data!) I still use AVG as I originally got a 5 year licence and they always offer me a great deal when the renewal comes up (£28) lol...

Associate
Usual trolls here. Even MS say don't rely on MSE.
For the record I never been struck by lightning, gored by a bull, been in a plane crash or won the lottery. The arguement "I've never had a virus/malware problem" proves nothing. Have you not read the articles about cryptolocker!

I have used ESET in the past but at these prices I can't afford £27 just for AV.

Soldato
Used to use this ages ago but now i just use avast. When i used nod32 it was pretty good i duno how it is these days like but for me personally i just stick with free stuff like avast now as it does a decent job of what it is designed for. No frills AV.

Soldato
I find Eset a nightmare at work! Willing to trial the home version though so shall look for a trial shortly. I do however, get Kaspersky free with Barclays so am loathed to pay for internet security unless its significantly faster / better.

Back
Top Bottom