Post your speed test

And

And

Associate
Not a home so I can't test but I get 76000Kb down/18000Kb up on BT FTTC which is pretty much the max as I understand it. As an example Steam downloads cap out at just over 9MB/s. UK game pings are mid-teens. Cab is just over the road and within 75m in terms of cable length and the exchange 600m in cable length away, according to BT.

Soldato
Just returned from a week away to find it has re-synced at an extra 1mb/s, little speed difference but a noticeable drop in ping for me, with the below being the highest yet. Beats the average of 40ms for sure. :)

3706405709.png

Associate
Christ, some of these speedtests make me want to cry. I'm still waiting for a ****ing fiber cabinet in my area. Was meant to get one this year in May but that's been postponed by a whole year to May 2015. :mad:

Yes, same here. The BT openreach had been doing some work recently, but the only thing that i had noticed is that prior to their installation i used to play Dota2 with 80-90ping, now i am always on 130+.

Associate
I upgraded to sky fibre which went into effect 07th august (not full speed yet as we are so far from the cabinet i believe) out in the sticks!!

We have gone from 0.3mb :o to a consistent 8.0-10.0mb :p

So massive difference. However, i have noticed that the first 3-4 days i was regularily running speedtests and always getting 9.0-10.0mb, 1.2mb upload and 14-18ms ping

Although the past weeks i have been doing more speedtests, and now im continually returning 8.5mb, 0.75mb upload and 24-28ms ping. So instead of things getting quicker as i would expect them, we have actually slowed down?? Would anyone have any ideas or is it just sky being stingy and slowing us down? Really frustrating that we were getting much quicker to start off with! Any ideas appreciated :)

Permabanned
Seems most people on Virgin get the max speeds these days. It was only a few years ago that congestion was rife and many had awful speeds, the network upgrades seem to be paying off.

Man of Honour
3710772715.png

Bog standard FTTC speeds. (The latency is pretty poor though for what it should be - should be more like 8ms than 18ms - but for some reason BT likes to route 300miles out the way between me and getting out on the internet).

Back
Top Bottom