Doctor Who

Soldato
Ahhh I see what you mean. I don't think this has ever been done before in sci-fi and could be a worrying trend. Just imagine:

• Captain Kirk getting it on with practically every species he meets
  • Tom and B'Ellana having some weird human/Klingon hybrid baby
  • I'm glad Mass Effect didn't let you romance Liara, Tali or Garrus!
  • That Catkind guy in Gridlocked, he and that girl ... would she end up with kittens? LOL!
  • Pigslave? :eek:

My female shepard banged Liara good and proper, same with my female warden in da:o, liana's song was sung long and loud.
I don't mind the lesbian couple, they've been in the show long enough now for everyone to know who they are and what they do. The lesbian jealously was set to be amusing, but failed a bit on scripting.
My main issue was the previous disposable gays of the week. If they just continue the themes with existing characters i think it integrates into normality in a much better fashion, than if they have disposable characters we shall never see again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ahhh I see what you mean. I don't think this has ever been done before in sci-fi and could be a worrying trend. Just imagine:

• Captain Kirk getting it on with practically every species he meets
  • Tom and B'Ellana having some weird human/Klingon hybrid baby
  • I'm glad Mass Effect didn't let you romance Liara, Tali or Garrus!
  • That Catkind guy in Gridlocked, he and that girl ... would she end up with kittens? LOL!
  • Pigslave? :eek:

I never said I was happy with any other interspecies couples, did I? The whole idea is scientifically ludicrous.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Another god awful episode of Dr Who. Capaldi was good but then I liked Matt Smith. The issue isn't related to the actor who plays the doctor, its the **** poor writing and plots.

What was the point of most of the episode?
Why are they incapable of dropping the stupid sontaren, lizard lesbian lovers crap for more than a few episodes?

Soldato
Capaldi is awesome. Now that they've got the whole "you're old" thing out of the way, I'm looking forward to what could be some classic episodes old school style.

I bet he turns out to be a massive peado in the end though.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I think my biggest problem with this episode is that it covered a lot of the same topics that happened in Tennets first episode.

Clara felt like a lot stronger in this episode even in the 50th episode she was kind of there just for the sake of being there.

Soldato
It was typical of a boring episode of normal dr who i thought. I mean a trex of which to me seemed way off scale as too large. Had the damn period crap again and the lizard women and the annoying spud man. They really did the worst parts of dr who to do a opener with. The actual bit with the android man plot wasnt too bad tho but the rest was crap.

The actual performance of the dr. Hmm well considering the crap writing he did a ok job i guess. Being confused is one thing but the way he wrote this dr's transformation... Bit over the top. I would have liked him to act very quickly, sure of himself and very intelligent and not goofy like the last few have been. But nope. Maybe in later eps he is but not this one.

Personally i just want tennant back. He was the best one for me. Also get rid of the writers and get someone who liked the old pre reboot dr and get them type of drs back.

Associate
Also get rid of the writers and get someone who liked the old pre reboot dr

Moffat's been putting Doctor Who references in his shows for years - and he was writing stories before it was even back on the TV - his fandom was even noted by Terrence Dicks, who is probably one of THE Doctor Who writers.

get them type of drs back.

You've either never watched or have totally forgotten old Doctor Who. Watch some Hartnell/Troughton, then rewatch Matt Smith. He is "them type of drs"

Associate
For all the people criticising Moffat's writing, have you ever considered he's doing exactly what the BBC want him to do?

I do.

50 minute episodes: check
mid series breaks : check
period drama feel : check
overt sentimentally : check

Certainly feels like an American show made by the UK to me.

Associate
Agree with mostly everyone. Potentially Capaldi is going to be a good Doctor. However, not the greatest of episodes. Just too convoluted and downright messy.

I liked the way Capaldi was sometimes quite dismissive of the "humans" and acted intellectually superior at times. Like on the bridge when he was about to dive into the Thames. He possessed elements of Sherlock Holmes style arrogance. Not seen that in years and certainly not with Matt Smith's portrayal.

I am worried he's going to go too far down the goofy bumbling old Scotsman style route though. What we need is for him to be a stern and quite grumpy Doctor but one who can protect those around him. Knowing the BBC, it will just end up being Carry on Doctor in HD though. Just needs to be more adult and intelligent.

Soldato
For all the people criticising Moffat's writing, have you ever considered he's doing exactly what the BBC want him to do?

Making shows and merchandise for large foreign markets? Steve 'Michael Bay' Moffat is doing a great job :p

The first episode was rubbish and won't be watching the rest. Fingers crossed for the next series :D

Back
Top Bottom