X99 motherboard previews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Not me. Going to cost far too much for what i need, i'm not an extreme overclocker. Hence why i settled for the Sabertooth on X79.
I think i'll go for the Deluxe on X99 if they don't do a Sabertooth.

Permabanned
This looks better apart from its white/sliver covers and nice to see heatpipe cooling the PCH.

2yv1e9l.jpg

281saqg.jpg

Not going to copy/paste it all as not all specs are confirmed and you can read bellow.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-x99-deluxe-haswell-e,27540.html

Last edited:
Permabanned
1) Drop the PS2 (I know some like it for benching as it will freeze up last after USB) but its old legacy.

2) Drop the Thunderbolt, its not a MAC.

3) Heatpipe it fully inc ICH as models in past

4) Dual NIC's as models in past, handy at times for gaming with another PC LAN connected and some do have 1Gb/s ISP's in parts of country and so need to Team 2 NIC's to get 1Gb/s after overheads.

5) Make the 24pin right angled like other Manu's.

Last edited:
Associate
1) Drop the PS2 (I know some like it for benching as it will freeze up last after USB) but its old legacy.

2) Drop the Thunderbolt, its not a MAC.

3) Heatpipe it fully inc ICH as models in past

4) Dual NIC's as models in past, handy at times for gaming with another PC LAN connected and some do have 1Gb/s ISP's in parts of country and so need to Team 2 NIC's to get 1Gb/s after overheads.

5) Make the 24pin right angled like other Manu's.

1) I use PS2 on my keyboard for N-key rollover.

2) Thunderbolt is great for hi-throughput external devices and can daisychain.

3) Why? It doesn't need it on X99.

4) Thunderbolt can be used as ethernet port with adapter, if it's anything like the Mac version.

5) Yeah I guess that's valid but a vert 24pin can show off your braided cabling.

Permabanned
1) I use PS2 on my keyboard for N-key rollover.

2) Thunderbolt is great for hi-throughput external devices and can daisychain.

3) Why? It doesn't need it on X99.

4) Thunderbolt can be used as ethernet port with adapter, if it's anything like the Mac version.

5) Yeah I guess that's valid but a vert 24pin can show off your braided cabling.

Entitled to your opinion and its good to give it but I will add a little more of mines.

1) USB KB's have rollover also.

2) It has not taken off on PC's as much as MAC so see no real need with USB 3.0 or keep space for another port.

3) Z68 was hottest ICH I had (Vortex review states so also), skipped Z77, Z87 cooler but still cooler with a Heatpipe and the Asus X99 Deluxe has one so X99 not needing it is not really valid.

4) I doubt it can be Teamed to the other Intel NIC and I do not want to buy/use adapters.

5) I do not like those single strand modern modded cables that look like old EIDE cables, and its easier and neater on normal cables.

Asus have a habit of adding something (that peeps like) then taking a step backwards and even the Asus JJ guy on YouTube says that for some of the ports like video ports that were said to not be needed on top mobos (as peeps will have a proper GPU) but now are added to many.

No such issue to this Mobo as no IGPU. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I am looking forward to the Rampage V Extreme. I take it since the board layout is said to be similar
to that of the Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition, there won't be any issues then using the top
PCIE slot of this board when using a CPU cooler such as the Noctua NH-D14 or the newer NH-D15?

Permabanned
I am looking forward to the Rampage V Extreme. I take it since the board layout is said to be similar
to that of the Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition, there won't be any issues then using the top
PCIE slot of this board when using a CPU cooler such as the Noctua NH-D14 or the newer NH-D15?

If the Mobo is non E-ATX it may still block top slot.

The photo is post #280 has the top slot very close to the CPU socket (esp as there is 5 of them now), not sure if that is the Primary slot or not.

Though the ATX Z87 Formula is fine but the Z87 Extreme is not, slots are spaced different.

Noctua have coolers coming out that are offset to avoid this and the ram slots even more.

Associate
If the Mobo is non E-ATX it may still block top slot.

The photo is post #280 has the top slot very close to the CPU socket (esp as there is 5 of them now), not sure if that is the Primary slot or not.

Though the ATX Z87 Formula is fine but the Z87 Extreme is not, slots are spaced different.

Noctua have coolers coming out that are offset to avoid this and the ram slots even more.

Are the new coolers that Noctua has planned be newer versions of its high end Noctua NH-D14 or NH-D15 coolers with these changes or will they be lower grade coolers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom