The Shiney Renamed Official Mario Kart 8 Thread of Officialness

Associate
GIFs!

a satisfying way to stop a red shell...
iPNodM4OK5YLx.gif

ibmTbqTtmVavu2.gif

Daisy has some great sound clips :D

So what could this mean?

They are most likely are just icons used for test/debug tracks during development, or just very early assets that were never removed from repository.
Or, less likely, they could be placeholder/preliminary icons for possible tracks planned for future DLC... that's the dream :D.

Last edited:
Associate
You should be able to pre-order from today, after the 27th patch update goes live this morning maybe. They made the button active a little early by mistake yesterday.

Looking forward to racing the new tracks!.
F-Zero track & kart... maybe it's a teaser for a new game. /highly_optimistic

For some reason I didn't expect new tracks(I'm sure I read somewhere that there wouldn't be new tracks ever) but it makes a lot of sense, especially after all the patches and DLC that Pikmin 3 got.

Soldato
Can't wait for this, daughter still plays it most days and is very excited for the new DLC! :D

Anyone know how to display the new on screen map in the new patch?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd have paid double that - happily, seriously good value for money.

It's almost like a thank you from Nintendo - "sorry it's been hard work being a Wii U owner - here's something to just say..........thanks".

I'll be fumbling around for my wallet the minute I walk into the house.

Associate
Bought both DLC packs, £11 is a bargain for what you get and you get the different coloured Yoshi and Shy Guy straight away.

I'm still seeing "sold out" on the UK Nintendo website.

£11 does appear to be really good value and I'll be buying the DLC as soon as I can!

Soldato
OP
How and where can you buy both DLC's? I searched the UK Nintendo store found nothing except one link for half the AOC pack at £7..

Has anybody got a direct link to UK store for both packs? Cheers.

Soldato
How and where can you buy both DLC's? I searched the UK Nintendo store found nothing except one link for half the AOC pack at £7..

Has anybody got a direct link to UK store for both packs? Cheers.

Eshop.

Load mario kart, go to the shop listing on the main menu and it will take you to the page where you can buy both for £11.

Back
Top Bottom