Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Not really too short, 4 days in each. Time is money bla bla Going to visit my Mother in NYC and show the kids about and then head to get some sun for 4 days in LA.

I hate JFK with a passion. Every time I'm there it's like hell on earth and the staff are all horrendous.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Does the magnet come off easily from the phone and does it leave any residue behind it ?

It's the same 3M sticky pad stuff found on other automotive sticky holders so yes it comes off and you then simply rub away the residue. It will obviously require some effort to remove as it's very sticky and can't be re-used until you get another sticky pad to stick on.

Soldato
Postman just turned up :)

Journey: Greatest Hits 2

s5gv1c.jpg

Soldato
Boats ahoy!

Hi everyone. :)

As everyone might recall, am kinda really into Kancolle
and the urge to finally own some real live model versions of my "waifus" has struck me badly, so badly that I hate my money by spending lots of it on these purchases. :eek:

So this box arrived today, Customs and Parcelforce stole £34 for this. :mad:

IMG_20140902_132124.jpg

So I ordered the BB Haruna, CA Takao, CAV Tone and the DD's Yukikaze and Urakaze. Also have the CV's Kaga and Akagi-san arriving at a later date.

They are only 1/700 scale but with full hulls, so they pretty small but the price is small too allowing me to have many, for example, the destroyers are about the length of my hand and the battleships and cruisers are about as long as a ruler which isn't bad, building and painting these is gonna be fun. :p

IMG_20140902_132344.jpg

This small box also arrived 30 minutes later and I was taken back how small the box was, was expecting something bigger.

IMG_20140902_134825.jpg

But the box was like magic and contained all this, I honestly can't believe how small the spray cans are and how small the paints are and all this for like £98? :rolleyes:

IMG_20140902_141046.jpg

Till next time. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
BRB, going to check email snippet from the forum email notification as I swear you just said you had a waifu...

I accidentally hit the wrong button while previewing. :p

command and conquer ultimate collection £5.
Also posted in pc deals section if like to know retailer.

Install and update and play C&C Renegade, it's still alive and kicking and still kicks ass as a FPS, really good fun.

Soldato
Bought a Nikon D3300. I'm not aiming to become a proper photographer but just wanted something half decent to learn how to take some good pictures with. So far I'm pretty impressed.

tf45Kuz.jpg

Commissario

As everyone might recall, am kinda really into Kancolle
and the urge to finally own some real live model versions of my "waifus" has struck me badly, so badly that I hate my money by spending lots of it on these purchases. :eek:

So this box arrived today, Customs and Parcelforce stole £34 for this. :mad:

So I ordered the BB Haruna, CA Takao, CAV Tone and the DD's Yukikaze and Urakaze. Also have the CV's Kaga and Akagi-san arriving at a later date.

They are only 1/700 scale but with full hulls, so they pretty small but the price is small too allowing me to have many, for example, the destroyers are about the length of my hand and the battleships and cruisers are about as
This small box also arrived 30 minutes later and I was taken back how small the box was, was expecting something bigger.

But the box was like magic and contained all this, I honestly can't believe how small the spray cans are and how small the paints are and all this for like £98? :rolleyes:

Tamiya paints are extremely expensive from memory (anything Tamiya is typically in my experience), but the Vallejo ones aren't too bad for modeling paints.

Soldato
I can't imagine that stuff being cheap? You should stop buying it all then you could probably afford to move to Japan :p

I could had got myself a new computer for what I have paid so far, second hand i7 something.

I have done 40k but I had the tools and paints back then so it was only a case of resupplying when I needed.

For this... I had to start from the beginning, the ships are pretty cheap to be honest at £15 to £22 while the tools I ordered but still in Japan are about £60+ all together. The paints was the most expensive kit really.

But since I have everything I need now, it's only a case of resupplying paints when I run out. ;)

Soon as I get good with Japanese, I be leaving! :D

Tamiya paints are extremely expensive from memory (anything Tamiya is typically in my experience), but the Vallejo ones aren't too bad for modeling paints.

Yeah, I read that Tamiya paints are really bad at hand brushing so I avoided them since I read that Vallejo's are really good to brush with and really cheap, cheaper then GW's for sure at £1.50/98 a pot. Well, since the ships are small, they should last a while I hope.

But still the price of the sprays are ridiculous for their size. I used to buy Games Workshops that are 3x the size for like the price of these back in the day.

Last edited:
Soldato
One little tip if you're using vallejo paints (or any acrylics), you can thin them down a bit if needed using vallejo thinner which works much better than plain water as you don't lose the grip of the paint.

Do you really need to thin them down? I read that the Vallejo model paints are awesome for hand brushing.

Soldato

[/IMG]

They are only 1/700 scale but with full hulls, so they pretty small but the price is small too allowing me to have many, for example, the destroyers are about the length of my hand and the battleships and cruisers are about as long as a ruler which isn't bad, building and painting these is gonna be fun. :p

I guess the Jap dolls with the big eyes are locked away in the ship cells:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom