Projekt Kraken

Soldato
This is coming together very nicely name, I actual have a friend with a similar setup expect the WC that might upgrade to a custom loop for his i5 + 290. How are the temps with just a 360rad?

UV green is amazing btw.

Soldato
OP
Temps seem pretty good, about what I was expecting. I've only really been over clocking the GPU for now will go for the processor tonight probably.

At stock the GPU idles around 10 or 15 degrees above ambient, full load after the liquid has had time to warm up it's around 23 above ambient, normally my room is about 20ish degrees so real temp anywhere from 44 to 47 degrees.

Overclocked with +100mv it jumps to 50 - 54, pushing it to 200mv it goes to 60.

CPU at stock idles about 7 degrees above ambient and on a real game load only gets 15 or so above ambient.

I am pondering whether to add another 240 rad and another 290. But at the moment the overclocked 290 is more than enough for 1080p. Maybe ill treat myself at Christmas and get a new monitor to justify the extra card.

Soldato
OP
Finally got the screws for the backplate (and got back from holiday), sadly I could not use the nanoxia fans on the radiator, I tried and I tried with and without a gasket, as soon as they get close to the radiator they make a clicking noise :(

Anyways:

266064093.jpg

376213317.jpg

732655546.jpg

316202950.jpg

Soldato
OP
Looking really good Skyfall, how did you find the case? Looks like enough room to work in.
The front compartment is really big and extremely east to work with, the lack of drive cages and psu really make it a complete doddle to make a nice clean build.

Not a massive fan of the other compartment though, I would have preferred at least some kind of option to give even the slightest amount of airflow. The front compartment is always extremely cool any heat that's left over from the watercooling is easily removed with so many fans but the back compartment gets a little warm from the PSU and the res. I also tried to mount a mechanical HDD in the back but as there's no airflow it was getting really hot and was introducing a lot of noise anyway.

I already want to make another watercooled pc, maybe a kraken Jr in the air 240!

Back
Top Bottom