Asus RMA

Soldato
Threads like this make me laugh.

If you look hard enough, you'll find a similar one about every component manufacturer out there.

Associate
It it's a toughie Mick, how long is their warranty? And how long should a MB last?

2 years is a long time.

They could give a 4 year warranty but they would have to charge £quillions.

In my experience Gigabyte, Corsair, Geil have sublime customer services, would I buy Asus? No

Do Asus UK know you are an active forum member and no doubt this experience will mean that countless avoid and no longer spec Asus MBs? If they were aware they may offer you something - even a goodwill gesture.

Associate
In the past I had to RMA graphics card which I purchased on eBay, still under warranty and Asus agree to replace it even without providing seller details, they send me link to purchase rma ticket which was €15, call them

Motherboards are a different kettle of fish, and appear to be the most difficult thing to deal with when it comes to RMA.

Associate
Threads like this make me laugh.

If you look hard enough, you'll find a similar one about every component manufacturer out there.

Care to share any with us?
I've dealt with a few component manufacturers from Akasa to Intel and never been given the 'brush off' as Asus do. (Akasa being the dogs ****** out of all of them)

Last edited:
Associate
It it's a toughie Mick, how long is their warranty? And how long should a MB last?

2 years is a long time.

They could give a 4 year warranty but they would have to charge £quillions.

In my experience Gigabyte, Corsair, Geil have sublime customer services, would I buy Asus? No

Do Asus UK know you are an active forum member and no doubt this experience will mean that countless avoid and no longer spec Asus MBs? If they were aware they may offer you something - even a goodwill gesture.

Consumer law doesn't work like that and is more in the favour of the consumer than the sometimes shady corporation. No prizes for guessing why!

I'm sure Asus are fully aware they have a sh1tty RMA procedure and don't like honouring the 3 year mobo warranty, just search "Asus RMA"
There are many forums worldwide with threads saying the same thing being said here.

Last edited:
Soldato
I personally will never buy Asus again because of my situation with the rampage four extreme black edition being hell from the begining. The seller ( not ocuk ) refuse to have anything to do with the product and demand i go through asus.

I go through asus who say they have no obligation to fix the problem ( a dead motherboard powerphase after 1 month of use) they said i needed to update the bios for my cpu to work even though it had been working for the month and was on the latest bios they now wont have any more communication with me about the matter every time i call it up on any social media they delete it.

Fantastic waste of money. I also wasn't given my free copy of ac black flag in the box to add to the insult.

Last edited:
Associate
I personally will never buy Asus again because of my situation with the rampage four extreme black edition being hell from the begining. The seller ( not ocuk ) refuse to have anything to do with the product and demand i go through asus.

I go through asus who say they have no obligation to fix the problem ( a dead motherboard powerphase after 1 month of use) they said i needed to update the bios for my cpu to work even though it had been working for the month and was on the latest bios they now wont have any more communication with me about the matter every time i call it up on any social media they delete it.

Fantastic waste of money. I also wasn't given my free copy of ac black flag in the box to add to the insult.

I've contacted BBC Watchdog. Hopefully they'll do something about it.......Fingers crossed.

Associate
This is the type of thread where an Asus Rep should be scurrying to reassure potential customers and solve the problems of those who have already handed over their cash.

It may also be useful if OCUK could reassure their own customers that if they purchase Asus products from OCUK then any problems can be quickly dealt with.

Failure to take this on board could certainly have a severe effect on Asus sales.

Associate
This is the type of thread where an Asus Rep should be scurrying to reassure potential customers and solve the problems of those who have already handed over their cash.

It may also be useful if OCUK could reassure their own customers that if they purchase Asus products from OCUK then any problems can be quickly dealt with.

Failure to take this on board could certainly have a severe effect on Asus sales.

There's an Asus rep on hand at Newegg............... in the USA. As soon as an issue is raised in the forum, Asus are on it in a shot.

I posted the same thing on an thread at Tom's Hardware who also have an Asus rep, but he hasn't replied to the original OP (Same warranty issue that Asus refuse to deal with)

Many all over the WWW seem to be having the same warranty issue with Asus.
Is it poorly trained staff?, or the fact that management simply don't know how customers problems should be dealt with.
Do Asus actually have a PR Dept????? Because it doesn't look that way.

Last edited:
Associate
I asked the seemingly irate Asus support guy who the 'relevant department' were the other day.
He got back to me this morning and said. "They are dealing with this case now actually" I look forward to waiting another few days, weeks.....
I'll post back if something actually happens.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I had an Asus Maximus IV P67 B3 break a month before its 3 year warranty.
I went straight to the E-tailor, reminded them of their legal obligation as a middle man. Hey presto no problem.

Can someone link me to where a manufacturer now has a legal obligation to deal with an end customer? I know an end customer is still never expected to deal with a manufacturer (Which is possible what I meant, and went over zealous)

Even still, I'll never understand why people want to go direct with vendors like Asus, it's far less hassle to go to your E-tailor and let them deal with it.

Caporegime
I thought its only the first year for retailor,then its manufacturers responsibility for the remaining two years

There's stipulations.

Overclockers for some items will honour the entire X amount of years warranty themselves, other times they'll honour only 1 year (However, even after this 1 year period of time, you can use Overclockers as a middle man to deal with the manufacturer on your behalf for the remainder of warranty). An end user is never expected to deal with a manufacturer.

When you get a blanket "We only deal with the first year", you're being fobbed off.

Associate
I had an Asus Maximus IV P67 B3 break a month before its 3 year warranty.
I went straight to the E-tailor, reminded them of their legal obligation as a middle man. Hey presto no problem.

Can someone link me to where a manufacturer now has a legal obligation to deal with an end customer? I know an end customer is still never expected to deal with a manufacturer (Which is possible what I meant, and went over zealous)

Even still, I'll never understand why people want to go direct with vendors like Asus, it's far less hassle to go to your E-tailor and let them deal with it.

It's different for different scenario's.

I want my mobo repaired and for Asus to issue an RMA to the store where I purchased it, they refuse instead passing the problem from rep to rep....who then hang up on you.

I don't want a new mobo, I want an RMA for the one I have.
......I've also read a few times that Asus have returned lower value second hand mobo's to some customers instead of repairing and returning the original item.

The store is under legal obligation to refund or replace the damaged item
providing the item became faulty through no fault of the person who purchased it.

The other BIG problem with Asus and stores is this.

1) If the store refunds or replaces an item as it should, sends it to Asus who then think the damage was the fault of the person who originally purchased the item.....There's a high risk of the store not getting the money from Asus.

I've read other story's of people taking goods back to the store only for Asus to say "The damage appears to be inflicted by the customer" and we refuse to refund, but will repair the item at the customers cost.
How is some inexperienced store managers supposed to make that decision that could potentially lose his employers money.

Last edited:
Associate
It all depends on the E-tailor, if they say, it's the manufacturer who needs to sort it you get stuck in that passing the buck scenario...

That's what's happening with me but Asus won't issue an RMA through the store.
No reason for them not to, they just won't do it regardless of the warranty.

The scenario is this.

I purchase mobo from the retailer who has purchased it from the manufacturer.
It becomes faulty......Who is willing to lose out??? If the store replaces the item. How can they get the money back from the manufacturer for that item without some sort of agreement in place.

Last edited:
Associate
There's stipulations.

(However, even after this 1 year period of time, you can use Overclockers as a middle man to deal with the manufacturer on your behalf for the remainder of warranty)

I hope one of the staff from Overclockers can confirm there is a simple returns procedure with Asus.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

2 years is a long time.

Emblazoned on the box, a shield with the words '5 Years Warranty'. I know its marketing BS but one of the selling points of the Sabertooth boards is their durability, 'Military Grade Components', 'Thermal Armour' etc.

Back
Top Bottom