• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Needs Your Help: Catalyst Driver Special Submission Form

Soldato
Reported the issues I have had with Eyefinity profiles not working correctly. This occurred on any drive release post the 13.12 cats. It may have been happening then as well but I can't remember.

Sadly this problem made me switch back to Nvidia in the interim. I can't be using a computer that changes the position of my monitors every time I restart, or randomly decides to get stuck in the Eyefinity profile requiring a complete driver reinstall. The performance drop is worth the stability for me.

On the flip side I have to commend AMD for the strong multi monitor performance once you are in game. The 290/290x especially are monsters in the right game.

I honestly think there needs to be an option for a "simple" Eyefinity setup (3x1) like Nvidias (surround), where I can just set it up and forget about it. Apps load on a single screen and games load across three if I select the right resolution. Not 100% perfect but it just works.

Man of Honour
Hello Everyone,

As we continue to improve our Catalyst Driver suite, we kindly ask you to help us by submitting any issues or bugs you have experienced with our drivers by using the form below. We value your feedback and intend to use the information you provide us to make our Catalyst Drivers better.

For the next seven days we are making a concerted effort to boost the number of reports we receive to create a “bible” of bugs that our customers have encountered.

This form (which closes on September 12th) is different from the standard Issue Reporting Form we regularly use; hence I ask that you use this form even if you already submitted your issues/bugs through another form.

Please click here to access the form

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance everyone!

One thing I find that is not good is when someone reports a fault on one of your forms they don't get any feedback what so ever.

No wonder people don't use your reporting systems as much as you would like them to.

Caporegime
I don't know if there is a very quick and easy method, but I would like to see something where you could disable CCC (which would allow some mods to work / e.g Sikkmod for Doom 3). Hardly a high priority compared to most other suggestions, though. :)

Soldato
One thing I find that is not good is when someone reports a fault on one of your forms they don't get any feedback what so ever.

No wonder people don't use your reporting systems as much as you would like them to.

I find not meny people use the official forum or even knew they had them tbh.
I only found out last year, they had a official forum.

IIt's also mostly users like me and yourself with the odd mod. So it's no real different to posting your issue on this forum in either the AMD thread etc.

Permabanned
Support down sampling like Nvidia do... It's so easy on an Nvidia card.... And I have to jump through so many hoops with my 290 that I'm actually thinking of going back green just to use Nvidia's solution.

Also Nvidia found some tweaks that improved CPU bound games by a good chunk a few months back, you guys need to be looking at doing in the same.

Soldato
Have add some stuff through form, but one other thing that would be great, is if like nvidia, you had some buil in custom resolution type utility where I can alter refresh rates etc and test easily.

Associate
OP
Have add some stuff through form, but one other thing that would be great, is if like nvidia, you had some buil in custom resolution type utility where I can alter refresh rates etc and test easily.

Hello eyetrip (everyone)

I don't mean to be a pest, did you also submit your suggestion? (Adding a built-in custom resolution utility)?

Soldato
I only had an AMD card for about a week but I immediately noticed how much larger the drivers were and how much slower windows boots were. I didn't need a lot of the stuff in the driver and would have liked the option to not install it.

Soldato
Will wait and see how my card is....when i get a replacement MSI r9 280x back but to be honest i truly wish i had went with Nvidia. I had multiple issues with this card (and for someone just coming back to desktop pc use - before had laptop with no driver issues at all) it doesnt inspire confidence...poor performance, crashing, artifacts..raptr recording/instant replay never working (no matter driver version)...hopefully i was just unlucky and got a bad batch but when i was googling for info on problems i kept seeing a lot of issues with 280x cards.

Back
Top Bottom