Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
What does the gentleman of vigour, brio and historical intellect do when he finds a hazel tree in his garden? He attempts to make an early British spear, of course! And an arrow. Sadly, I couldn't find a cheap bronze spearhead, so I bought this steel one for the first attempt. I've already cut and stripped the shaft, and started to fire-straighten it.

CCkJUxJl.jpg

Thug
Soldato
Load of those over here at the minute. Any reason you didn't go with one with the leather? Plenty of them about and hardly much more than the cloth and 1.6 models.

Leather doesn't bother me. Tax savings as you'll well know make the 1.6 better one to go for. :)

Its simply used for getting to and from work with a 600km round trip bi monthly. :)

2.5k euro made it worthwhilee.

Soldato
What does the gentleman of vigour, brio and historical intellect do when he finds a hazel tree in his garden? He attempts to make an early British spear, of course! And an arrow. Sadly, I couldn't find a cheap bronze spearhead, so I bought this steel one for the first attempt. I've already cut and stripped the shaft, and started to fire-straighten it.

CCkJUxJl.jpg

You should do a build log showing how you made it from start to finish!

Associate
2014-09-02104044_zps790f7a5e.jpg

Purchased this last year, 3 bed detached! since then not had any money to purchase anything else haha

Thug
Soldato
Leather? don't you mean pleather in that?? :D

Haha don't be elitist :p.

Its not the fanciest of cars but its completely immaculate comes with a great service history with one owner. Saves over 1000 EUR a year by going for this model and hopefully will return 30-35mpg. What's not to like?

All for well less than a month wages. Shame my insurance is so high!

In a years time I will get something I really want (eg a v8 m3 :D)

Soldato
I was stumbling around Dartmoor the other week marveling at the Bronze Age cairns, cysts, hut circles and settlements etc and popped in here - http://www.dartmoor-npa.gov.uk/visiting/vi-planningyourvisit/vi-infocentres/vi-postbridgeinfocentre
There are some fantastic examples of prehistoric weapons and tools in there, if you've never been and get the chance I can thoroughly recommend it :)

That would definitely be my cup of tea.

You should do a build log showing how you made it from start to finish!

I feel it's actually too simple for a build log - in future, if I make the spearhead myself I'd make a log, though.

Oh matron! One of your books saved me from insanity on a flight recently. I am greatly in your debt!

Very kind, thank you - glad to be of service.

Associate
Picked up the new car on saturday morning, got to say for the price I can't fault it
2014_09_07_18_04_38.jpg

Dacia Sandero Stepway 1.5 DCi onboard computer showing around 68mpg after doing 100miles of urban and motorway miles
A massive plus is the babies pram fits in the boot no fuss, a massive improvement on the 59plate Yaris we part-exd with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom