Do you have Virgin media... if so maybe you can help me?

Soldato
Your not wrong there. It's horrible. Whenever you change channel you tv blacks out for a few seconds it's just so slow.

Customer service is a joke you have to go through about 5 menu's before you get to speak to anybody, I suppose they are all like that but I never once had the need to ring SKY up.

Agree. Their customer service is easily the worst I've ever encountered, and that's saying a lot.

Wish I never went with Virgin now and would strongly recommend avoiding them at all costs.

Soldato
Happy. Would you be willing to help me get the same deal as you? They are phoning me back at 9pm tonight.

thanks,
Transform.

I would mate but in all honesty this was the first deal they offered me. All i did was told them that i was cancelling because they have tried to rip me off twice during renewal (1 in previous year too). They come up with the offer for £43.99 straight away. All i can advise you is hear there offer and see what they come up with. Worst case scenario is that before the disconnection date you phone back to retract your cancellation but i would expect them to call you inbetween this time :)

Best advice is to remain calm, polite and tell them the service has been good but the price is rather high.

Soldato
I pay £26.50/month for only 20mbit internet (which is going up to £27.50 soon!). The deal in the OP is therefore definitely too good to be true!

I pay £32 a month for 30mb and line rental with weekend calls, feel like I'm being done over with VM.

Just call them and tell them you want to leave, they usually bend over backwards to retain customers and that usually includes either free upgrades or lowered payments...or even both in some instances.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I would mate but in all honesty this was the first deal they offered me. All i did was told them that i was cancelling because they have tried to rip me off twice during renewal (1 in previous year too). They come up with the offer for £43.99 straight away. All i can advise you is hear there offer and see what they come up with. Worst case scenario is that before the disconnection date you phone back to retract your cancellation but i would expect them to call you inbetween this time :)

Best advice is to remain calm, polite and tell them the service has been good but the price is rather high.

Just call them and tell them you want to leave, they usually bend over backwards to retain customers and that usually includes either free upgrades or lowered payments...or even both in some instances.

I would but I am a Sky customer. lol I am leaving them for Virgin hopefully.

Soldato
No it wasn't buddy. I called cancellations team as i was annoyed that i was being billed £72 for a package that was currently £63. When they tried to offer me a good discount package it still worked out more than new customers so i was fuming…

Apparently outbounds retentions can offer better deals but only downside is that you have to wait for them to call you. ;)

Thanks Happy.

That's sort of what I did to get the deal I'm currently on but didn't go as far as cancelling. They sent a letter saying the price was going up so I phoned to complain that new customers were getting a 500Gb Tivo for less than the price I was paying before the increase came into effect.

They lowered the price to less than I was originally paying and I got Tivo but I'll know for next time to threaten to cancel.

Soldato
I pay £58.99 a month and get the following:

1TB TiVo box
1HD box (for bedroom)
156MB internet
Line Rental (phone)
Anytime calls (free calls)
All channels except larger movie packages.

How? Mates rates employee discount.

If you do not know someone who works for virgin I believe that you are only eligible for mates mates rates which is about 70ish for the same package.

And no I will not refer you :p

Managed to get the same for £57 pm - its actually called the 'mates rates' package lol. Need someone who works for virgin to refer you I believe.

Tis a bargain bearing in mind I was paying BT £49+ pm just for telephone + fibre tinterwebs!

Associate
OP
Managed to get the same for £57 pm - its actually called the 'mates rates' package lol. Need someone who works for virgin to refer you I believe.

Tis a bargain bearing in mind I was paying BT £49+ pm just for telephone + fibre tinterwebs!

Just found a deal through a cashback website:

Big Kahuna 230 channels inc HD
152mb internet
Talk weekends Phone
512mb Tivo Box
Extra HD Box
Line Rental
Free install
No upfront Fee

£54.41 a month.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I pay £58.99 a month and get the following:

1TB TiVo box
1HD box (for bedroom)
156MB internet
Line Rental (phone)
Anytime calls (free calls)
All channels except larger movie packages.

How? Mates rates employee discount.

If you do not know someone who works for virgin I believe that you are only eligible for mates mates rates which is about 70ish for the same package.

And no I will not refer you :p

I have the same as mushy and its £51 a month, been with Virgin for 10 years. No one can beat there broadband if your lucky enough to be on fibre in there catchment area. There service has been excellent at least for us. Even came out and did a router move FOC. Its also rock solid and can count on one hand the amount of times its failed.

Associate
OP
I'm sure the deal in the OP is the same one my mate showed me last night.

It looked like it (had 152Mb, BT Sport, Netflix, etc) and was £33 (down from £45 which is what it shows it as on the VM website). It was a leaflet thing that came through the post for him for new customers (even though he's already with them).

Could you check for me please mate?

Associate
I work for vm and off the top of my head the mates rates deal consists of

1 TiVo XL
1 VHD XL
1 100mbps
1 line rental XL

I think it's about £49/52 pm

Soldato
Just found a deal through a cashback website:

Big Kahuna 230 channels inc HD
152mb internet
Talk weekends Phone
512mb Tivo Box
Extra HD Box
Line Rental
Free install
No upfront Fee

£54.41 a month.

Very similar to the package mushy and I have.

Unfortunately I have a mother who insists on sitting on the phone all day long so really needed the unlimited anytime calls lol

Associate
A family member is paying £100+ a month for:

30mb broadband.
3 boxes, all have everything including movies and sports.
2 of the boxes have the normal HD channels (BBC, ITV etc, not Sky Sports/Movies)
3 mobile phone deals.
Not sure what phone line deal he has.

I think he's paying too much, anyone else agree or is it just me?

Soldato
A family member is paying £100+ a month for:

30mb broadband.
3 boxes, all have everything including movies and sports.
2 of the boxes have the normal HD channels (BBC, ITV etc, not Sky Sports/Movies)
3 mobile phone deals.
Not sure what phone line deal he has.

I think he's paying too much, anyone else agree or is it just me?

I pay 96 a month for

One TiVo box
Another regular box
50mb broadband
Sports package and movies.
Phone calls free on the weekend
Line rental (have to be with virgin cos they supply the line via the TiVo box)

So no, I'd say that's pretty good.

Soldato
I pay £26.50/month for only 20mbit internet (which is going up to £27.50 soon!). The deal in the OP is therefore definitely too good to be true!

Wow, you are getting ripped off. I'm paying just £2 more for 150, I'd neogtiate and either get a price reduction or increase your speeds (if avaliable in your area).

Associate
OP
Spoke to them last night and said I can get better deal on cashback website and they said ok no worries lol. Guess they don't care about how many people they sign up.

Back
Top Bottom