• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Owners Thread

Soldato
Hi guys.

Since AMD was kind enough to lower the price of the mighty 295X2, I believe quite a few of us managed to grab one, so I believe we deserve our own thread. :)

I know that there is this thread

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18595893

made back in April, however as you see, there are more Tumbleweed references, than actual posts about the 295X2 (actually none).

Of course if the forum moderators believe that the discussions should be merged, feel free to do so, and I apologise for opening a new discussion.

:)

Personally I am waiting my 295X2 tomorrow, alongside two Piranha fans, which I believe going to be the best stepping stone before go full water sometime around Christmas as planned. :)

Soldato
Mines here. Not unboxed yet but it looks pretty darn chunky. I did some firestrike and firestrike extreme with my 780 superclocks at stock yesterday and wrote down the scores so be fun to see stock scores for this in a couple of hours.

Associate
Well mine arrived about two hours ago massive box, had it out briefly and it is eye caching had a small crowd around my desk as soon as I got it out of the box.

Did you instruct the peons and peasants to avert their eyes and you hoisted it up on high above ones head like a divine relic?

Associate
Haha that's quite amusing as I recently got bought a bygone lord title so technically I am a Lord so I call them all peasants any way.

Shame is I may not be able to get it installed until next week :(

Associate
Ordering two at Payday. Only downside - I'm not ordering a 5960X/1500I until December. So I'll have two £720 paperweights :[

OcUK Staff
Ordering two at Payday. Only downside - I'm not ordering a 5960X/1500I until December. So I'll have two £720 paperweights :[

I hope your payday is not too long, we expect them to be gone by end of this week and so far no confirmation of a repeat deal from AMD, though we are pushing them to allow it to happen again, but maybe on only 25-50pc......

Associate
Well mine came today but most of my games don't work very well, but I have not had chance to try other drivers and settings yet. I've got two cards running in xfire how do I know if all four gpus are working?.

Soldato
Well mine came today but most of my games don't work very well, but I have not had chance to try other drivers and settings yet. I've got two cards running in xfire how do I know if all four gpus are working?.

What games, res, drivers, system specs and settings?

Easiest way to check if it's all working is to just use Afterburner graphs to see what's going on.

Associate
Just had the your order has been shipped email. Am so excited for all the kit to arrive tomorrow, it's going to be like Christmas and birthday all in 1. Ordered a compete system in kit form along with the R9 295x2 and a nice samsung 4k monitor. Will be interested to see how it compares to my ps4 as this is my first venture into pc gaming.

Also got to decide what games to get with the radeon offer. Star citizen is a given as I also have the oculus rift dev kit 2 ready to go :)

Caporegime
Just had the your order has been shipped email. Am so excited for all the kit to arrive tomorrow, it's going to be like Christmas and birthday all in 1. Ordered a compete system in kit form along with the R9 295x2 and a nice samsung 4k monitor. Will be interested to see how it compares to my ps4 as this is my first venture into pc gaming.

Also got to decide what games to get with the radeon offer. Star citizen is a given as I also have the oculus rift dev kit 2 ready to go :)

Ha...aha..haghaha... sorry, that tickled me, this thing is literally about 15 times more powerful than a PS4. ;)

Back
Top Bottom