Gore/disturbing videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not into horror/gore, but I thought I could get away with the film "Cube Zero" as it's only a 15 rating. However, there's a death scene where someone is sprayed with acid and his flesh is seen melting over a few minutes. That gave me a recurring nightmare over the next few months and I was 29 at the time. I found it more gruesome than Elm Street, Dusk 'til Dawn, Starship Troopers etc despite they're all rated 18.

Caporegime
I'm not into horror/gore, but I thought I could get away with the film "Cube Zero" as it's only a 15 rating. However, there's a death scene where someone is sprayed with acid and his flesh is seen melting over a few minutes. That gave me a recurring nightmare over the next few months and I was 29 at the time. I found it more gruesome than Elm Street, Dusk 'til Dawn, Starship Troopers etc despite they're all rated 18.

cube zero sucks compared to the original cube :p

and the less said about cube 2 hypercube the better

Caporegime
I remember years ago as a student, browsing rotten.com... really horrible stuff - I don't like seeing that sort of thing....

unfortunately I occasionally browse through 4chan and they tend to have a gore thread on there which you can't help but seeing some pictures from as you browse through... Mexican drug gangs are brutal in their killings!

I do wonder if they've got more popular since so many people likely flocked to that board once the celeb nude pics started getting released

Associate
Some disturbing videos floating about on the net :( I've not watched anything since the faces of death vids years ago.. Just looked at the 3 men and a hammer and the Russian soldier beheadings.. Bad videos just because of the ease with which people can do those things to another living person.. Historically it would have always been up close and personal using edged weapons clubs etc, but now we are so far detached from death it's hard to take, at least for people from some countries.. 3 men and a hammer was just sadistic though :/

Associate
It's an interesting test of the human psyche, I had a look at some of these infamous videos, found thankfully I couldn't stomach it and decided there are far more interesting videos on the internet, an almost endless supply if you know what I mean.

Soldato
OP
It's the ISIS videos that led me astray, there is also a video on youtube where a brick goes through a passenger side window and the dialogue is very disturbing. No gore at all but regarded up there in chilling factor.

I wonder if people watch these kind of videos before a ob interview or some stressful situation to clam the nerves..

Caporegime
Worst one ive been subjected too was a guy on an old teamspeak server spammed a link, clicked it and it took me too a video of 2 mexican drug cartel members cuffed and then another chap wanders in with a chainsaw and starts at one guys neck.

wonder if that was inspiration for this scene from Scarface:

scarfacechainsaw.jpg

was quite a powerful scene even though the camera cuts away from the killing and you just see blood splattering etc..

Soldato
Oooh the darkside of the net! :rolleyes:

It has been around for years! :eek:

Top tip! If you dont want to know, dont look! ;)

Been here since 1997! :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I saw this one a long time ago now. Absolutely horrific.

Tip for everyone lucky enough to have avoided it thusfar - do not let your curiosity lead you to watch it.

Saying things like this, makes me want to watch it :p

I won't though. I can't condone mindless violence and I think watching it would be giving the scum that filmed it, their 2 minutes of fame.

Associate
unfortunately I occasionally browse through 4chan and they tend to have a gore thread on there which you can't help but seeing some pictures from as you browse through... Mexican drug gangs are brutal in their killings!

I have no idea how 4chan is legal, there are some extremely questionable things on that website, I visited a few times out of curiosity having seen screenshots of funny stories on here and am scared ever to go back. Absolute oddballs the people on that site.

Yes, you actually can stumble across them very easily.

Agreed. As a proof of concept, someone on OcUK last year posted a link that had Facebook in the URL. However, click on it and it played a Rick Astley pop video (known as rickrolling). So yeah, a URL can be spoofed or shortened and can catch someone out. The same goes with shock images as well as shock videos.

Associate
Yes, you actually can stumble across them very easily.

Indeed, I stumbled across the suicide video of a US politician who shot himself in the mouth on live TV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Budd_Dwyer). It had a fairly benign title to the link and I wasn't expecting it. He is making a speech and you don't know what is about to happen until he pulls this gun (a huge Dirty Harry style gun) out from under the lectern, by which time it's too late to close down because it takes a while for the penny to drop. Truly horrible. Why people trick others into seeing stuff like this that they may not wish to see is beyond me.

What I find especially strange is the people who walk around with this stuff on their phone, showing people?!

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair, this thread should be gone. Curiosity gets the better of some people and some of the stuff listed here could seriously scar some people. Especially if there is any kids browsing.

Spoil sport, but it a family forum afterall...

Associate
Seen pretty much all the ones mentioned in this thread. Surprisingly none of the bothered me, I watched them and that was it.

The worst one I have seen though was some sort of self punishment in the street with lots of bystanders watching and presumably making him do it. A guy with these sharp blades on a chain and he was swinging it over his shoulder so they would hit his back. He done it 2-3 times and sweet F all damage was done. The 4th time was extremely damaging. I don't want to go into any detail but its easily found if you do want to see it.

Its not the graphic part that made it the worst out of them all I seen, it was because the guy was doing it to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom