Please help me im going mad

Associate
can you help my computer has been working fine i use a ssd for my boot up drive and a 1 tb for my games and downloads. the problem is as of last night the computer now takes about 5 mins to boot up where it only took 23 sec before and when i go to my computer and click on my 1 tb drive it now takes about 2 mins to actually load up the tb. i use steam for all my games and now the problem is it takes 10 mins for steam to load in i have been pulling my hair out trying to find whats wrong with my computer is my hard drive faulty because takes forever to load up now please help me

Associate
OP
just to update this post i have ust tried to download a demo on steam and it always says steam not responding and steam shuts off is this a steam issue affecting my computer or my hdd

Associate
OP
just uninstalled steam from 1tb to my ssd and now steam works fine will reformatting the tb do anything or shoud i just bring it back to overclockers for replacement only had it 3 months

Associate
Check if SMART is enabled in the bios? In most cases it should warn you that the drive is dying. In addition, downloading the diagnostic tool from the manufacturer's website and running it should definitely tell you that the drive is bad.

Associate
OP
it takes ages to access my 1 tb through my computer. i have noticed that some files on my ssd are now translucent.have installed steam onto my ssd and it now works but its only a 40g ssd so not many game's on

Associate
OP
just a question my computer failed to boot up t weekend we ended up rebooting it using the 1 tb as the primary drive with my os on the ssd 40gb now it is registering my hdd ie i can acces files on the computer screen but when i try to run a diagnostic program it aint working its as if it shows its there but not really there frustrating please help

Associate
OP
tried to fix it with bad results

tried unplugging the 1 tb like advised and the computer would not boot it just says install windows which is on the ssd still plugged in? cant see why the computer would not run if windows on ssd and plugged in weird? help

Associate
OP
update

i have run advent computer manager/ event viewer reading comes up event 137 ntfs the default transaction resource manager on volume \\?\volume[55f19a2c-d345-11e3-b61a-806e6f6e696f] encounterd a non -retriable error and could not start Help?

Associate
OP
my ssd has the os on which seems to run steam fine when my 1` tb wont i unplugged my 1tb and the pc wont run it just says insert windows disk it does mention somthin and tunneling error tried to fix this but pc syas its all working?

Back
Top Bottom