Life just took a divebomb - 8 Years down the pan.

Associate
I wish mine would bugger off and leave me. When ever I broach the idea of me moving out she starts behaving.

Sometimes I sit and fantasize about having my own gaff and freedom etc.:(

Associate
OP
Not really interested in women at the moment. I've oddly enough got quite a bit of attention at work...noticed a few females keep looking at me while I stand on the station looking important haha.

Didn't think a train driver was attractive to women!

Man of Honour
Not really interested in women at the moment. I've oddly enough got quite a bit of attention at work...noticed a few females keep looking at me while I stand on the station looking important haha.

Didn't think a train driver was attractive to women!

-Instantly know you have a reasonably well paid job (unlikely most random people you spot where you have no idea what they might be earning)
-Uniform
-Position of authority (kinda)

Just make some idle conversation....
"So, where you heading to?"
"London."
"WOW me too what a coincidence!"
"OMG we have so much in common we should totally grab a coffee sometime!"
":D"

Associate
Pros and cons. Been working real hard the last two weeks. Learnt a lot of life skills and managed to fail at mash potato.
Like all life skills they come with time and effort. You'll never learn how to cook if you only ever eat takeaway. Unless you're completely inept, the second batch of mash will be better than the first. You'll learn how to season it. You'll buy cookbooks. You might even buy a potato ricer. But whoa there Nelly! Don't get ahead of yourself!

The best thing I ever did was leaving home and living on my own. Sure, the house was a mess, but I came out of it a pretty good cook and know my way around an ironing board. It sounds like you just got yourself a pretty good opportunity to learn all this stuff for yourself, but you're scared about life on your own.

From reading about your woes, it seems that you and your ex(ish) are treating each other like a comfort blanket. She's become bored or seen the allure of something other than the norm, has tried it for a bit and now it's not what she thought it was, she's back to you as you're what she knows and what's comfortable. By all means, be there for her as a friend. But be very wary about getting back into a relationship with her, because now she's done it once how can you trust she'll not do it again? If she sees that you're not moving on, you're always going to be where she runs back to when life doesn't work out how she wants it to. Is that who you want to be with? Or do you want to be with someone who wants to be with you regardless of outside temptation?

Soldato
You want her because she is shagging some other guy and left you. So you switch from been the taking her for granted male back to the sweet and loving guy she initially fell for in an attempt to win her back - you don't really want her, you just can't stand the thought of losing her to someone else.

The problem is, if you do get her back, somewhere down the line it will eat you up about how she is licking another guys like a lollipop and you will be throwing it back in her face.

tumblr_m9smshVb2j1rf0yb9o1_400_zps9aba0409.gif

Slippery slope to a posionous relationship that will eventually end...............run now while you still can.

Associate
OP
Last two replies, I really can't fault what you guys are saying. You're right and I do know it.

It's a crappy situation because even if things can be perfect again in the future that trust is gone. That's what's hard to come to terms with.

Soldato

Each time i've seen her there was more hope in her getting better and this not being a typical thing.

I know you guys have a lot of opinions but not every woman and situation is the same.

Mate, listen and listen good - if she has a proper psychological problem, it will never ever go away. Sometimes it will be better, sometimes it will be worse. But it will always be there in the background waiting to flare up and cause trouble again. Triggers could be some stress in life; job, money etc or it could be nothing at all and it just happens. She won't know why and you won't understand.

Sure, many people are 'different' as you put it. But mental health issues in partners always have the same resultant stress on relationships.

It is not just my own experience I speak from. Ask anyone here who has lived in that situation, how draining it is and how utterly meaningless to them you become when their illness takes over.

A person only has so much to give and when your partner does nothing but take from you emotionally you can end up with a very warped view of your relationship.

If you think you can handle all of that, then more power to you.

Soldato
Just to hit the nail home more...............a 'colleague'.................been with this girl for many years, he is no saint the way he treats her, but she is crazy.

Yells at him, smacks him about, accuses him all the time of eyeing up girls or shagging around and lots of other things that are actually criminal. He stayed at mine once and once the yelling and shouting calmed down i found him holding his leg as she had stuck a car key in it and he was bleeding from the wound - they are still together!!

Don't end up like this, been with her through habit or some kind of weird "i don't want her, but no-one else is having her" mindset.

You've done the hard part by been dumped on, move on while you can and you will be happier later on down the line when you meet someone else and be able to build a better relationship by learning from the mistakes both you and the ex made.

Back
Top Bottom