• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GTX Titan II Flagship with GM200 Core Is Launching Sooner Than Expected

Caporegime
Titan 2 will probably be a spin off from the new Quadro cards (not sure they are even out yet?). That's if they even do go that route. 20nm/16nm might well be ready by the time that comes.

Associate
Then you should know that these 900 cards are not anymore or any less dx12 compatable than the GTX700 series/R 200 series.

I don't know that (nor was I arguing that they are) and neither do you.

Yes, it's unlikely. Unlikely =/= Impossible.

Imagine the hypothetical ****storm when the DX12 redist and DX12 games are available if these cards are actually only DX11.2 compliant, having branded them as DX12.

Soldato

Imagine the hypothetical ****storm when the DX12 redist and DX12 games are available if these cards are actually only DX11.2 compliant, having branded them as DX12.
The thing about marketing is that playing with the wording right...and they won't be "lying". They could easily just say "you interpret it as that, when that's is not what we meant and said".

The product might be listed as supporting dx12, but in nowhere does it mention it will support ALL of the dx12 functions and features (in particular the new ones).

Last edited:
Caporegime

The final spec of DX12 isn't fully known but I would like to think both AMD and nVidia know what is what and in turn have everything covered in their new released cards.

All the way to the 650Ti and the R9 series is DX12 compliant but not fully and are missing out on a couple of minor specs but that was way back when DX12 was first mentioned.

Associate
Normally you'll see cards supporting a spec before the spec itself - they'll have a caveat somewhere saying the spec wasn't finalised at time of released. It's pretty standard, does mean that normally the first cards claiming support for a spec are missing some bits but it's no big deal. Maybe DX12 spec is well known to AMD & nVidia but I suspect not as normally the reason the spec isn't released is that it's not yet finalised. The things that might still be up for discussion are likely to be very minor though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom