*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Soldato
Ah I see, thanks. Definitely pre-ordering this, hopefully the Collector's Edition comes out here. Looking at some of the trailers I'd say the artbook will be amazing and I've always had a thing for steelbooks anyway.

Soldato
Yeah artbook for this should be brilliant looking at everything that's been shown so far. Maybe it's just because I love the series so much and the setting looks great - but the visual presentation of this game looks like the best thing I've seen so far on the new consoles.

Some other games certainly look a bit more polished graphically (but not that much more) but overall the presentation just seems amazing.

I hope some care has went into the level design and the lore of the world. Dark Souls 2 fell a little short there with use of impossible space too often and random locations that didn't fit.

Soldato
OP
I agree mate^

I also really hope they arent going to downgrade the visuals from what we are seeing now like they did with ds2, im sure they learnt from the backlash from that!

This seems to just ooze in atmosphere like demons did! Ds2 felt a bit too fantasy and colourful for me and i agree some of it felt stuck togeather

I read once that some belived ds2 was ment to have more of a hub world structure like demons, so would explain why some places dont quite fit right

Soldato
I agree mate^

I also really hope they arent going to downgrade the visuals from what we are seeing now like they did with ds2, im sure they learnt from the backlash from that!

This seems to just ooze in atmosphere like demons did! Ds2 felt a bit too fantasy and colourful for me and i agree some of it felt stuck togeather

I read once that some belived ds2 was ment to have more of a hub world structure like demons, so would explain why some places dont quite fit right

Yeah deff feeling the atmosphere from everything shown so far. I agree without your point and DS2 - it's still a great game in it's own right and still feels like a worthy part of the series becaise it did improve on a lot of things - it just wasn't as good from a lore and overall world design point of view.

But yeah if it had been a hub like Demon's maybe that wouldn't have mattered.
Some bits were bad and made no sense (earthern peaks to iron keep going UP in the elevator?? wtf...)
Then some bits were stunning and fit so well - Dranlaic castle down to Shrine of Armana.

So I just felt it was a bit more hit and miss than Dark Souls 1 world. Still more hit than miss though.

Bloodborne appears to have rectified those issues from what I've seen - so yeah hopefully it does look as good as the trailers so far. If it does, then visually it has far surpassed my expectations - so then I'd only have to hope it did from a gameplay point of view as well.

Not too long to find out I guess. Amazon e-mailed me with a release date update on my order so it's not out well in advance for Japan at least.

Soldato
I don't know of any Sony exclusive that's went to PC (could be some but none I'm aware of) so it's almost certain Bloodborne will only ever be out on PS4.

It's a shame many will miss it but I guess that's the way it is with exclusives. If I didn't have the PS4 this is one of the first releases where I'd be re-considering that. Xbox doesn't have any announced yet to make me consider one but maybe it will eventually.

Back
Top Bottom