• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Soldato
Thanks for that Greg much appreciated.

Its been a very long day and I have just got stuck into looking at the "is it worth it" or s"hould I wait to see if 980ti comes aboot" I take it Titan 2 or whatever they are going to call it will not surface until next year?

Thanks Uber

Associate
I have kind of skipped many pages but I see Gibbos former employer has the 970 @ £315 and the 980 @ £486 on the super special page.

Sorry if that is old news.

Soldato
St9Hevvl.jpg

This is now my facial expression having only just bought a 780ti and not keeping up with the news doh!

** I suspect that's the ocuk staff in the background having a good rummage through some 980 boxes ** :D

Caporegime
Thanks for that Greg much appreciated.

Its been a very long day and I have just got stuck into looking at the "is it worth it" or s"hould I wait to see if 980ti comes aboot" I take it Titan 2 or whatever they are going to call it will not surface until next year?

Thanks Uber

Welcome as always hunny :)

Titan II I would be surprised to see but nVidia have surprised me before, so don't rule it out. I am hoping these are it till 20nm/16nm but looking at the efficiency and actual power for the amount of cores, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Ti before the end of 28nm....

Permabanned
I have kind of skipped many pages but I see Gibbos former employer has the 970 @ £315 and the 980 @ £486 on the super special page.

Must be wrong if Nvidia think they can charge more than the 780Ti. 28nm is cheap now it has been out ages and OCUK have been trying to flog them for £440 for a fair while now.

So how do you manage to raise prices? :eek: They need a price cut asap because i will refuse to pay that money. And i have no graphics card that is how much im determined not to be ripped off.

Associate
Welcome as always hunny :)

Titan II I would be surprised to see but nVidia have surprised me before, so don't rule it out. I am hoping these are it till 20nm/16nm but looking at the efficiency and actual power for the amount of cores, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Ti before the end of 28nm....

would be great if nvidia kept the titan release for every March :)

Soldato

If that's on special and a rough idea of the prices the 980 is overpriced imho.

Probably a good thing, means I won't spend anything :D

Must be wrong if Nvidia think they can charge more than the 780Ti. 28nm is cheap now it has been out ages and OCUK have been trying to flog them for £440 for a fair while now.

So how do you manage to raise prices? :eek:

+1

Mature 28nm, cheaper to build.. More expensive :(

Soldato
Apologies if I've missed it, but have any pictures of gigabyte's custom cooled 970 or 980 surfaced?

If the custom cooled 970 turns out to be ~£280 I'll be a very happy bunny, and my 460 768MB could finally be put to rest

Associate
Can we have some single slot cards please, I'm not worried about the cooler taking up two slots, I take them off and put them under water but the bracket having two slots is a waste for those who dunk them under water.

Back
Top Bottom