• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Associate
OP
Hi there

I'm so looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow, will be the best in a long time. I'm gonna have a huge selection and try everything. Once I've eaten my breakfast I shall post a review of how great it taste before most of you start work so you can read it and decide what breakfast to have yourselves. :D

When you say breakfast do you mean '2am morning feast full of exciting new tasty products'?

Permabanned
Hi all,

I'm currently running the following:

Intel i5-3570k
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Z77 (socket 1155) DDR3 motherboard
8gb of 1600 Mhz DDR3
a Corsair 660W "Gold rated" modular PSU

The motherboard has the following:
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)

Will the above hardware be able to manage two 970s running in SLI?

I'm currently running a single Asus 670 GTX which has been great but I have a 4K monitor and want to game on it!

Thanks

Two at 8x 8x SLI is what will happen and it will be fine. clock the 3570k and get the memory speed up and it will blaze through anything.

Soldato
Hi there

I'm so looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow, will be the best in a long time. I'm gonna have a huge selection and try everything. Once I've eaten my breakfast I shall post a review of how great it taste before most of you start work so you can read it and decide what breakfast to have yourselves. :D

Are you planning any today only offers on breakfasts? (inc older breakfasts) :p

Last edited:
Soldato
My 670s dont struggle with too much at 1080 so might wait this out to see what 20nm brings, will be keeping close eye on pricing though as if cheap i might be tempted with a couple of 970s

Associate
Hi there

Good good! I shall have peanut butter on toast followed by a Gigabyte 970 Windforce please :) or perhaps an MSI or ASUS...

:p

Soldato
I don't know, the 8800 GTX to 9800GTX was pretty poor wasn't it?

That's because the 9800GTX was a re-branded 8800GTS.

Ironically that card then got die shrunk to become the 9800GTX+, then re-released as the GTS250 and finally the GTS250 green. It holds the record as most re-badged card having been "released" a total of five times.

Back
Top Bottom