GPUGrid Challenge

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Started up the main rig last night and all appears well. Finished 4 long runs overnight. Will get the secondary rig set up today. Might have to start opening windows - the temperature has risen markedly overnight in the living room and will only get higher when the second rig gets running :p

FYI:
Main rig is an SR-2 with 2 X5650 hex core xeons and 2 GTX690s.
Secondary rig has an i3 3220 with 2 GTX670s.

I have CPU & Beta WUs enabled so I'm hoping they release some CPU WUs. I found them to be a big boost before on the main rig (running on 20 of the 24 virtual cores).

PDW

PDW

Associate
Have switched over and warmed them up but shutting down now :(
Might get some intermittent action but it'll be Sunday evening before the warp engines engage :)

Soldato
OP
Joined and running now to get started :)

Nice to have you on board :)
I've had a nose at your machine (nice cpu btw) You really want to be running only the 8-12 hours work units with your 780 cards, rather than the short 2-3 hours ones as well. The longer ones will give 2-3 times more points like for like.

In case you don't know you can select what work units you want to run in your GPUGrid preferences (click the Edit GPUGRID preferences link)

Associate
Nice to have you on board :)
I've had a nose at your machine (nice cpu btw) You really want to be running only the 8-12 hours work units with your 780 cards, rather than the short 2-3 hours ones as well. The longer ones will give 2-3 times more points like for like.

In case you don't know you can select what work units you want to run in your GPUGrid preferences (click the Edit GPUGRID preferences link)

Cheers, i just noticed the short runs were taking a bit long , set to do long runs only now :)

Got the 16 threads doing pogs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom