ArcheAge, Ultima Online's rebirth?

Soldato
So you want to ruin the game for everyone who enjoys playing it?

Top man!

No, I amongst others want the game to have been released in an acceptable state for people that have paid or would choose to pay. There's people who have paid north of £100 and have nothing to show for it (some of whom are so deluded they still defend the launch because it's an mmo).

Soldato
And there are others who have paid £100 and are happily playing it and you wish to stop them? You are making no sense at all.

Soldato
Aier....................been waiting 9 hours so far. Got down to 2103 in the queue............................Windows update says my pc will reboot in 10 minutes.......................................I hate everything

Soldato
Aier....................been waiting 9 hours so far. Got down to 2103 in the queue............................Windows update says my pc will reboot in 10 minutes.......................................I hate everything

Dunno what's worse. ArcheAge queues or letting Windows Updates reboot your PC at will :p

Permabanned
They've recently said that patron are in a different queue to F2P people, but I'm not 100% convinced it makes much difference.

Me neither. Queues were exactly the same before i had patron and now that i have it.

I don't even sit in them anymore, if it puts me in the queue i just switch it off.

Soldato
And there are others who have paid £100 and are happily playing it and you wish to stop them? You are making no sense at all.

There's people who have paid more, queue for hours everyday, haven't got anything and are perfectly happy with their game purchase. They're called idiots. They're also the same people contributing to allow companies to release sub standard unfinished games at a finished cost.

Soldato
Because they went into it knowing there would be launch issues and queues. If you didn't then thats your problem for being stupid. Launch not being perfect is not a valid reason for you to want to DDOS them and stop the people who are playing from playing.

Associate
Me neither. Queues were exactly the same before i had patron and now that i have it.

I don't even sit in them anymore, if it puts me in the queue i just switch it off.
Unbelievable queue times on Dahuta! Started at 2pm on a 4k queue and still haven't logged in!
queue place: 140
time:>1h
:eek:
I was considering to sub, but I was hoping for much faster queue times.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I just subbed as I'm enjoying the game anyway and want the extra labor. Went from a 4450 queue on Aier to 2. Got straight into the game.

Associate
So is the general consensus that if you want to play the game without spending hours waiting in a queue, you've got to pay? Not read too much into it tbh, just wanted to give it a go but it's just been sat in the background for about 3 hours now and I'm 1500th in queue.

Soldato
Priority if you're lucky.

I am a Archeum pack holder, have STILL yet to receive any of my founders items, and every day has taken me at least 3 hours to get in. Yesterday, I queued for 3:30, found my char was missing and that I needed to relog, and had to queue over again (which I didn't, I just gave up)

Don't get me wrong, the game is great no-one can deny that. But! There are launch time queues, then this. If you don't think this is particularly bad, then you have been lucky, I can guarantee there is a great deal more people than average who are really having a bad time.

That's without mentioning the bugged daru chests people were getting which they used to fill all the land up, or the fact that large chunks were taken before anyone could even get in the game. Let alone all the other major issues that have been happening.

It is a good game and yes it will iron itself out eventually, but c'mon guys seriously :)

EDIT: Oh and before you say move to a quieter server - a. my friends are on this server b. I will waste one of my 6 reward sets for re-rolling a new char (not that I have got them yet anyway but I can guarantee it will count).

Last edited:
Soldato
Priority if you're lucky.

I am a Archeum pack holder, have STILL yet to receive any of my founders items, and every day has taken me at least 3 hours to get in. Yesterday, I queued for 3:30, found my char was missing and that I needed to relog, and had to queue over again (which I didn't, I just gave up)

Don't get me wrong, the game is great no-one can deny that. But! There are launch time queues, then this. If you don't think this is particularly bad, then you have been lucky, I can guarantee there is a great deal more people than average who are really having a bad time.

That's without mentioning the bugged daru chests people were getting which they used to fill all the land up, or the fact that large chunks were taken before anyone could even get in the game. Let alone all the other major issues that have been happening.

It is a good game and yes it will iron itself out eventually, but c'mon guys seriously :)

EDIT: Oh and before you say move to a quieter server - a. my friends are on this server b. I will waste one of my 6 reward sets for re-rolling a new char (not that I have got them yet anyway but I can guarantee it will count).

Your friends have the queues too tho dude, why not move as a group? Amount of time saved queueing you could catch progress up in no time. I have a char on dahuta and kyprosa but the queues are awful, i have made chars on both aier and melisara and can instantly access either of them. Still plenty of land too so you and your mates could still rush for some plots.

Permabanned
Typical, went to bed early and woke up early to get on and get some decent time ingame now i'm off for the weekend and the servers are down lol. This maintenance is supposed to fix patron queue priority though so fingers crossed.

Soldato
Typical, went to bed early and woke up early to get on and get some decent time ingame now i'm off for the weekend and the servers are down lol. This maintenance is supposed to fix patron queue priority though so fingers crossed.

Well it hasn't fixed mine ...

All in all I would say congratulations to XL Games for making a great MMO but Trion's distribution leaves a bit to be desired. If peoples property goes soon because of the lack of patron they will be put in a very difficult situation.

Permabanned
You playing on the US servers Xordium? Their downtime for the fix isn't for another 6 hours and the EU ones don't have queues this morning, yet.

Edit - i guess the earlier hotfix didn't take, they're bringing it down again now.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, I am on Dahuta. Server is down now I am hoping it's all fixed. It's really messed us up as we are only a small close knit team and we need that labour! I guess the bigger corps on there like KDS and Futilez can absorb the labour across the group but we can't do that unfortunately. Here's hoping though! At least Trion keep us informed of what is going on. I think the popularity of this game has taken everyone by surprise bar the players who have been waiting for decent large PVP with sandbox features and asking for such a game for some time.

Back
Top Bottom