*** Sony Xperia Z3 Compact ***

Soldato
Guess it's just a wait and see at the moment then. Maybe a 50/50 on whether it was legit or not?

Damn I hope it was legit lol...

Just saw on HotUKDeals that someone has contacted them :rolleyes:

They were advised they were no longer selling them at that price. Nobody shoot themselves in the foot over this...:mad:

Soldato
The iPhone 6 @ 4.7inches isn't 1080p either and nobody is really moaning or noticing a difference from that.

At the size 720p is absolutely fine. 1080p would have been nice but it shouldn't cause any issues.

Soldato
I think the Z3c is the natural successor to the Galaxy S2

The overall size/weight is almost identical, albeit with a bigger screen on the Z3c.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6538&idPhone2=3621

If I'd have been coming straight from an S2, this would be the one I'd go for - but I've had an S4 in the interim (which is almost identical in size to the Z3), so I'm not sure if I could go down in screen size, but I do like the smaller size of the S2 (Z3c) compared to the S4 (Z3)...

Soldato
Just got off the phone to Handtec having changed the colour of my phone again - this time to White.

They're expecting stock within the next 1-3 days and not surprisingly the Z3C is proving to be more popular than the Z3.

Associate
No issues from it, no.

I'm just saying that's stopping me from buying.

I have a 4S, since launch day. The 6 just doesn't appeal to me and I really was looking for an upgrade this year.

Only reason I don't want a 5.5 inch phone is because I'm used to my thumb being able to span the whole height of the display.

I've tried to use my wife's galaxy s3 and even that seems big to me

Soldato
Only reason I don't want a 5.5 inch phone is because I'm used to my thumb being able to span the whole height of the display.

That's the reason I'm shifting on my M8...it's just that bit too big for my thumb to span the whole height. No such issues on the M7 even although it was a slightly smaller screen it was an overall smaller form facter and that is the difference here.

Definitely done with 5"+ Phones for the meantime now.

Soldato
The Z3c compared to the iPhone 6. Wow the Z3c is tiny! :cool:

Full camera comparison between the iPhone 5s and Galaxy Alpha. It can't quite match the iPhone 5S but it's better than the Alpha (don't mention the massively improved iPhone 6 camera :p)

...and something from phonearena on battery life.

Phonearena said:
UPDATE: We are re-testing the Xperia Z3 Compact at the moment, as it lasted way more than anything we've benchmarked so far on the first run, just to be double certain about its amazing battery life score before we repost it.

:eek::cool::D

Associate
Am really looking foward to the Xperia Z3 compact! I don't usually spend much on smartphones, though I think I'm going to splash out a bit more than usual for the Z3C. I have no doubt it will be a good upgrade from my HTC (1GHz dual core, 5mp camera, 260ish ppi).

I just can't decide what colour to get, white or black?

Soldato
Full camera comparison between the iPhone 5s and Galaxy Alpha. It can't quite match the iPhone 5S but it's better than the Alpha (don't mention the massively improved iPhone 6 camera :p)

How did they do the camera test? Curious as I can't view in work.

I understand Auto Settings end being 8MP shots whereas 20MP is selected from Manual operation. Did they specify what setting they used for the comparison.

I seen Clove put up an in depth video review for the handset which is a really good overview :)

Still no email from Amazon in regards to a cancellation by the way :p

Soldato
When would we expect to hear about a cancellation? Hopefully it would be sooner rather then later if a cancellation was expected... :o

Soldato
Bagged a white one from Amazon this morning £242 (edit: less vat!) free delivery. And my order still stands. I hope Amazon stick to the price promise. :) and keep all orders ordered at the price change live and don't cancel them.

Last edited:
Soldato
I understand Auto Settings end being 8MP shots whereas 20MP is selected from Manual operation. Did they specify what setting they used for the comparison.

They used Auto mode only (bar the fill flash test) but came to a similar conclusion as GSMarena.

Good luck with the Amazon order guys! :D

Soldato
I think, and hope Amazon will "honor" those orders. Made due to their price error and mistake. Fingers crossed. Or I'll cancel and order elsewhere :p

Soldato
I think, and hope Amazon will "honor" those orders. Made due to their price error and mistake. Fingers crossed. Or I'll cancel and order elsewhere :p

Yep, they will have to. Same thing happened with the Z3 recently when CPW were selling them at £429 and they honoured the online price mistake.

On another note Clove are saying this on their blog

"We now expect stock to arrive on Wednesday 24th September. Depending on the time of day that stock arrives, we will either ship orders on Wednesday 24th or Thursday 25th September."

So fingers crossed we'll all get our Z3c by the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom