** iOS 8 **

Soldato
Yep, mine is just back into a useable state also. Took an age to download all the apps. Still doing some iCloud restore stuff in the background ... then there's the 40Gb+ of Music ...

Lesson learned from this one!

Soldato
They rushed a release and probably not following quality procedures or have none in place.

Of course they rushed a release, they wanted to fix bugs found on release of the new OS.

Not following quality procedures or probably have none in place?

We are in 2014 and they are one of the biggest tech companies out there, of course they followed their procedures, those procedures obviously just didn't catch these few other issues that have been released with this build.

Man of Honour
8.0.2 has arrived:

Fixes an issue in iOS 8.0.1 that impacted cellular network connectivity and Touch ID on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari

Soldato
Yeaaaahhhh....I think I'll give it a couple of days before updating to this one. Not that I don't trust Apple to have eliminated all the bugs or or introduced any new ones. Oh no, no, nothing like that :p

Back
Top Bottom